corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » New Phone- N81 8Gb or LG Viewty?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New Phone- N81 8Gb or LG Viewty?
bubble

User status: Offline
20th Nov 07 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
why exactly?

we have had 3 in our tech department break in a week.

touch screen stopped working on 2 handsets and other one wont power on
Jambo

20th Nov 07 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had that with almost every phone i can think of.

Ive sent off 3x u600's 2x N95's and 1x w880 this week.

Itsa good phone end of.
bubble

20th Nov 07 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
ive had that with almost every phone i can think of.

Ive sent off 3x u600's 2x N95's and 1x w880 this week.

Its a good phone end of.

how many phones have LG released that have had known manufacturin issues? all of them.

the phone is wonderful for what it is supposed to do-reality is , it is built to more of a stricter budget, and its produced cheaply.

why do you think vodafone keep telling LG to piss off when they beg for handset contracts? cuz there return rate is the highest in the industry!!
Jambo

20th Nov 07 at 23:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

agreed with older handsets.

Not had 1 prada back. and tbh we hardly had any shines either.

LG are an enormous electronics manafacturer who have been making things like this since the 70s?! SO hardly "new" at it.

Just a load of old pish IMO
bubble

20th Nov 07 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

LG are an enormous electronics manafacturer who have been making things like this since the 70s?! SO hardly "new" at it.

chocolate prada and shine were nightmares for us-hence why we pointed them all back to p4u.

lg have made how many mainstream phones? 4 maybe 5? whereas nokia have released hundresds, my comment aimed at being new was in relation to their handsets. I know that back in 2000 when i did a case study on LGS (as they were known back then-lucky gold star fyi) for geography a level, lg were pioneering lcd tv's and not mobile phones. it was in fact verizon who gave lg their biggest break. normally, people who defend lg phones, are normally people who work in stores that are contracted to sell so many units a year, usually phones4u, and carphone warehouse, so they will praise them to the hills, but when they go wrong, they dont want to know-hence why mobile operators are declining to accept contractual agreements with LG-cuz the phones are shit.

simple
Bram

14th Feb 08 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally got a Viewty yesterday, anybody got any tips/themes/wallpapers/forums they wish to share?
Bram

21st Feb 08 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sending it back tomorrow, it's an alright phone but pretty sure the novelty of touch screen will wear off in a week or 2 so its going back on the 7 day guarantee thingy Samsung G600 next to try
bubble

22nd Feb 08 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

n81 ftw!!
BarnshaW

23rd Feb 08 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:

chocolate prada and shine were nightmares for us-hence why we pointed them all back to p4u.

lg have made how many mainstream phones? 4 maybe 5? whereas nokia have released hundresds, my comment aimed at being new was in relation to their handsets. I know that back in 2000 when i did a case study on LGS (as they were known back then-lucky gold star fyi) for geography a level, lg were pioneering lcd tv's and not mobile phones. it was in fact verizon who gave lg their biggest break. normally, people who defend lg phones, are normally people who work in stores that are contracted to sell so many units a year, usually phones4u, and carphone warehouse, so they will praise them to the hills, but when they go wrong, they dont want to know-hence why mobile operators are declining to accept contractual agreements with LG-cuz the phones are shit.

simple

mate ur talking a load of shite. i work for LG and i can assure you that retailers dont tell us to get fucked or cancel contracts.

Tehy are retailers, they MAKE money from selling our products. ur talking out ur arse
Ash_EP3

24th Feb 08 at 01:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im in the exact same situation as you mate, although I am deciding between the N95 8gb vs the Lg Viewty....

From what I have seen they are both amazing phones but I have been told the viewty does take a while to get used too, and the N95 is S-L-O-W!!
bubble

24th Feb 08 at 10:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
quote:
quote:

simple

mate ur talking a load of shite. i work for LG and i can assure you that retailers dont tell us to get fucked or cancel contracts.

Tehy are retailers, they MAKE money from selling our products. ur talking out ur arse

i understand you wanting to defend your company-bottom line is, your phones are pap tbh-and yes, we declined the Viewty.

tv's are ok though tbh
kz

24th Feb 08 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Edd
quote:

viewty r poop

not in my experience i've found it probably the best phone i've owned to date

i found this phone so annoying, personally couldnt stand it
Matt H

24th Feb 08 at 12:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That about LG's return rate is bollocks, they hardly ever go wrong. Some of the older ones maybe but the new ones are solid as a rock
Bram

25th Feb 08 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Viewty wasn't bad at all, its just that I've had N-Series Nokia's since the 6600 and I just couldn't get to grips with it.

Have a Samsung G600 now which isn't too bad, contract is rediculously cheap so can't complain
BarnshaW

27th Feb 08 at 08:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well bubble vaux clearly knows about all of LG returns, he is speaking without hardly any knowledge, Bear in mind we sell thousands upon thousands of phones and the repair rate is extremely low in comparison.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll