corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 0 F***ING 2

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 0 F***ING 2
strick206

User status: Offline
   14th Nov 07 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Here goes

I took out a contract with o2 in june, i was told that numbers like 0800, 0870, 0845 would not be charged and would come off my minutes.

First month, i was billed for them, complained, and had it refunded, and was told that i wouldnt be charged for them again. I was charged again

I have now realised i have been being charged for these, and have rung up to complain, only to be told, basically tough shit

I was then told that they changed the terms and conditions of the contract and contacted everyone by text message and letter, i received neither and i am 100% sure of this. As i would have cancelled if i did

I have been told that as 30 days has passed since the 'text' if i want to cancel my contract i will have to pay the termination fee.

The terms of my contract have changed, and i did not agree to it, i have asked to be refunded for the charges i have had to pay so far and my contract cancelled. They say that wont happen without a termination fee and i have to contact the complaints department

Anyone clued up on this? i will be speaking to citizens advice tomorrow also, just would like to get views from people on here also

I really havent got the time pratting about sending letters back and forth about this, and feel i am perfectly within my rights to bill them for my time and costs posting the letters etc

Strick
Jambo

14th Nov 07 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there will be a bit in your contract that says "offers/promotion/charges all subject to change without notice" most likely.

Orange did a similar thing for the free numbers people call to use those phone card thingies...

Sucks and is wrong, but they will be covered im afraid
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they said to me that they are covered by the letter and text they sent and that i didnt reply within 30 days

i never received so it's obvious i wouldnt reply

its a lot of fine print to be reading,
Matt H

14th Nov 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.saynoto0870.com
aim1

14th Nov 07 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, I think all the networks are stopping inclusive minutes to non-geographic numbers but as said they are a huge company and will ensure they are operating within the law.
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by aim1
Yeah, I think all the networks are stopping inclusive minutes to non-geographic numbers but as said they are a huge company and will ensure they are operating within the law.

i have no problems with them stopping the free calls to them numbers,

i just want a refund as i wasnt informed and to cancel my contract without charge, just have to see what CAB say really
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Nov 07 at 20:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Problem with cancelling is that you've nowhere else to go as everyone else is doing it. Might be better asking for contribution towards the cost and sticking with the same provider.
BlueCorsa

14th Nov 07 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
there will be a bit in your contract that says "offers/promotion/charges all subject to change without notice" most likely.

Orange did a similar thing for the free numbers people call to use those phone card thingies...

Sucks and is wrong, but they will be covered im afraid

It's not an offer, promotion or charge - they have changed his tariff and given him no prior notice - they are in breach of their own contract.

Serve them notice and take them to small claims court for the value of the termination fee that they are claiming that you owe them (and any losses incurred - i.e. the amount that they have billed you for these calls that should have been deducted from inclusive minutes).
Jambo

14th Nov 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wasnt being specific, there will be terms in his contract to cover terms and conditions changing, that covers EVERYTHING in the contract. They are legally entitled to do so if you signed the form/spoke to them over the phone.

Im not agreeing with it or saying its right, its the way it is and a small claims court would not give you the time of day tbh!!
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Problem with cancelling is that you've nowhere else to go as everyone else is doing it. Might be better asking for contribution towards the cost and sticking with the same provider.

i know mate, i turned down going to orange for this contract because i ring these numbers quite a lot, orange offered me a better deal but i decided to stay with o2 because i have been with them for years and they offered the 08 numbers thing

now they have changed their terms, i no longer want that contract, and will leave to go to orange
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
i wasnt being specific, there will be terms in his contract to cover terms and conditions changing, that covers EVERYTHING in the contract. They are legally entitled to do so if you signed the form/spoke to them over the phone.

Im not agreeing with it or saying its right, its the way it is and a small claims court would not give you the time of day tbh!!

thanks for your input mate, i honestly want to hear anything people can say, i will be trying though, and seeing where i stand

the way i see it, is that i agreed certain things on my contract, these calls, and they have withdrawn this hence i am no longer getting what i agreed to
Jambo

14th Nov 07 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

tbh if you plead if they are not a bunch of cunts they will refund the charges or as ian said give you a contribution....

But cancelling your contract will be hard IMO
Ian
Site Administrator

14th Nov 07 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Orange charge for them as well though, you'll be no better off, plus you've got hassle of reclaiming the termination fees etc.

Graft.

Just change when it's up and tell them why.
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
tbh if you plead if they are not a bunch of cunts they will refund the charges or as ian said give you a contribution....

But cancelling your contract will be hard IMO

i would even consider having the charges refunded and staying with them, i certainly wont renew but would consider staying

but when i spoke to someone on the phone he said, i am not refunding you, you have no chance, hardly professional
strick206

14th Nov 07 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Orange charge for them as well though, you'll be no better off, plus you've got hassle of reclaiming the termination fees etc.

Graft.

Just change when it's up and tell them why.

i know mate, i accept that i have to pay for them now, but with no reason to be with o2 now, i will see if i can get out, if not will have to grit my teeth
bubble

14th Nov 07 at 22:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im afraid u wont win. simple.
Brabus

15th Nov 07 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Phone companys do my head in ,im with Orange and my Bill come to over £50 a month and i hardly use my phone and check my bills but im sure there doing me over somewhere down the line, but would cost me more to call them and sort it out than what the overcharging me
Jambo

15th Nov 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

brabus they wont be doing you over. There are laws for that sort of thing.

you do realise sticking your head in the sand and blaming others is not good financial savvy?

oh and you do know the customer service number is FREE dont you?
Brabus

15th Nov 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Free, they seem to charge me for all the other 'free' numbers that i call

Richie

15th Nov 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Post ur issue up on Hot UK Deals... there are alot of clued up ppl on there.
strick206

15th Nov 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will do mate

thanks
strick206

15th Nov 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
im afraid u wont win. simple.

worth a try, i will see