corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Renting out a room/getting a lodger

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Renting out a room/getting a lodger
SAL
Premium Member

User status: Offline
16th Nov 07 at 10:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tom

16th Nov 07 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's pretty reasonable. Depending on circumstances in new year I might look to do this. Or find see if another friend fancies a share.

I was pretty much subbing a mate who was living with me in rented flat, I was paying out £500 rent plus bills and was getting £280 of him.

Was paying out shit loads when he left for a few months
drunkenfool

18th Nov 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

One point to possibly consider is that the lodger will treat the place like rented accomodation, and you will obviously think of it as your house and also your home, so you may end up getting pissed off with things like forever having to clean up after them.
Dean_W

18th Nov 07 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by drunkenfool
One point to possibly consider is that the lodger will treat the place like rented accomodation, and you will obviously think of it as your house and also your home, so you may end up getting pissed off with things like forever having to clean up after them.

Very good point that I can agree with.
Daimo B

21st Nov 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mothers just rented out my old room for £300pm, and her place is literally down the road from JR's (but JR is on the posh side )

SO i'd say £300 living where you do is a steal really.

Pics of said new housemate Preferably with Willies idea....

But I wouldn't want to do it unless i REALLY had to, i think u'll either love it or hate it really. The other person will get right on your nerves (washing up, washing, drying up, general tidying etc, its your place, not theirs, so a chance tehy don't really care) or u'll get on like house on fire.
corb

21st Nov 07 at 21:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

daimo, she couldnt be any more untidy than I am already! tbh, i think/hope cos there'll be someone else having to live here, I'll make more of an effort to keep it clean and tidy.

[Edited on 21-11-2007 by corb]

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll