corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Advice about letting? - Sites to advertise on, length of contract etc..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advice about letting? - Sites to advertise on, length of contract etc..
stubs

User status: Offline
3rd Apr 07 at 02:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've left this a bit late, but mostly due to being let down by a couple of people.. In about 3 weeks I will be moving to London to start my new job, and need to rent out my house in Bolton. I currently have a lodger, who is very reliable and honest, so would prefer to keep him in the house 7 populate the remaining 2 bedrooms.
I did think about turfing him out & renting it as a whole, but that way I would need to clear the garage & sort the back garden. Something I have neither the time/money to do right now.

I have spoken to my mate, and he is happy with my decision, and isn't fussed about who moves in. However, I did tell him he would have the final say on who moves in, as he would be the one having to live with them.

Firstly, does anyone know any decent websites that can be used to advertise the 2 rooms for rent?

Then, with regards to the money, is it best to collect per room, or a total amount? My way of thinking is that if I am collecting a total amount & 1 person moves out, the remaining 2 would have to cover the rest of the rent money until they found someone else to move in..

How would I go about sorting the bills also? Such like council tax.. does that need to stay in my name & I collect enough to cover them? or do I inform all my current suppliers that I no longer reside there, and that they would need to collect from one of the 3 renting?

Any help would be great, thanks.
Kerry

4th Apr 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If your not going to be around why not just hand over to an agent?
They can sort everything for you then!

As far as council tax goes it will be thier responsiblity to pay. They will need to go down as living there if they want to be on the electoral roll (most people require you to be on this if you want to lend money/get a mobile phone contract)
Where are you going to live in London? will you be paying council tax there? Thats something else to think about if you are because you dont want to be responsible for 2 bills!!

I would seriously consider an agent though but if thats totally out of the question then there maybe some information on the web somewhere (google) or try citizens advice or some free legal advice

Good luck with the job!
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

5th Apr 07 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.spareroom.co.uk

New Poll