corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Sky HD Users?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sky HD Users?
ed

User status: Offline
16th Oct 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone out there?

Has anyone else noticed how shit the boxes are? I was having major problems with mine loosing it's Sky connection and niticed one day when it it out that it made a heck of a lot of noise when it cut off for the millionth time. I looked on the bottom and noticed a small case fam going at about 5000rpm The fan has a vent which is sealed using the rubber base of the box on three sides. The base is made from the same stuff you'd use as draft excluders on a door.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem, and if you knew how to fix it, as I currently have the thing sitting on it's front so it gets proper ventilation. Not very good as it looks stupid
jacko198

16th Oct 07 at 23:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sky box's are notorious for going wrong, we have had like 4 Sky+ box's so far, and they just keep breaking
Mine randomly keeps turning off, freezing etc etc
And when you play something recorded on the hard drive, it skips out parts, goes out of sync and everything

Thinking of upgrading to hd in december tho, it worth it?
LeeM

17th Oct 07 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

virgin hd ftw!
Cosmo

17th Oct 07 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Weve had ours for a few months now, not had any problems with it and seems fairly quiet. It does seem to be a stupid design cooling wise though, and guessing after a while its going to get worse.

Compared to our old Sky+ box though that was a pile of shite this is really good
ed

17th Oct 07 at 00:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure if i'm into Sky HD. I don't even watch TV anymore I've seen every program I want to see and all it is are repeats.

But anyhow, the box is a shite design. I think they should have got Akasa to design the case, I was speaking to the director of Akasa about making computer cases today and he knows his shit

New Poll