corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » house idea

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author house idea
STEvieXE

User status: Offline
24th Sep 07 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hey guys, house prices over here have totally rocketed over the last few years than tbh in a rough area a flat will cost 150k. not many young couples can afford to buy here any more.

thinkin of this me and my mates were thinkin of going halfers on a small semi or apartment on the mainland or scotland. not sure where to look at the minute really. hoping for ideas on here.

have been thinkin somewhere like glasgow altho not sure of the areas etc, have saw flats from 60k+ and semis from 100+. obviously these houses arent mint mint, but would do to buy imo and rent for a few years to give better chances of getting a mortage over here when the time comes

anyone know any other places where u could get similar houses/apartments at that kind of money
Cosmo

24th Sep 07 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally wouldnt buy somewhere to rent out that I couldnt be nearby to check on or get to sharpish if something goes wrong.

Also, house prices arent really going to rise too much (some places will be better than others, and some will drop) for it to be worthwhile - not much money really going to be raised in the grand scheme of things!

STEvieXE

24th Sep 07 at 19:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get wot u are saying but the point is, better to own a house in england rather than not own a house at all

thing about the mainland is its very handy and not that expensive to get over.

over here i think house prices will stay as they are or maybe drop over the next few years because people here simply cant afford to buy them
Cosmo

24th Sep 07 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
i get wot u are saying but the point is, better to own a house in england rather than not own a house at all

why?!
STEvieXE

24th Sep 07 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if we have a house surely it will increase our borrowing power for when we want to buy houses over here and were thinkinif we had it rented we wouldnt be out that much paying a mortgage between us

hopefully would make a few k on it after alof of years and wouldnt be too much hassle??
Cosmo

24th Sep 07 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
if we have a house surely it will increase our borrowing power for when we want to buy houses over here and were thinkinif we had it rented we wouldnt be out that much paying a mortgage between us

hopefully would make a few k on it after alof of years and wouldnt be too much hassle??

It could possibly increase your credit rating, but it wont really make it any better than just having a few credit type cards and paying them off each month to improve your rating.

You have to take a load of stuff into account...along with the mortgage you'll have council tax to pay, the upkeep of the property, probably a letting agent (otherwise you have a load more problems).

So at the end of the day, between a few of you in this current market, you may not end up with as much at the end of it as you'd hope.
STEvieXE

24th Sep 07 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, by council tax u mean the rates??
John

25th Sep 07 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheap houses in Glasgow are in dumps.
STEvieXE

25th Sep 07 at 17:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah thats the kinda thing were not sure about lol
John

25th Sep 07 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glasgow is just as expensive as anywhere else, including england and ireland, unless you are in the ghettos.
Gregor

26th Sep 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cant you just buy a shiter over where you stay and renovate ?
STEvieXE

26th Sep 07 at 18:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in the worst area of my town a terraced in need of extensive rennovation, ie more than likely condemned and ud never ever get rid of it, surrounded by scumbags/drug dealers etc is going for offers over 65k

my dad bought one years ago (Doesnt have it now) for 8k i think. prob around 02

New Poll