corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » x14 xe overheating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author x14 xe overheating
sport16v

User status: Offline
13th Sep 07 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

changed thermostat and rad switch so the fan comes on but it seems to get hot even when I'm on the move; any ideas on why the temperature should be going right up? It hasn't gone into the red but the fan don't seem to be doing a lot; could it be something to do with the radiator? Thanks
marklawton

13th Sep 07 at 16:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

headgasket maybe?
sport16v

13th Sep 07 at 16:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm hoping not but It'll probably end up being that no doubt, just to piss me off.
gavin18787
Premium Member

13th Sep 07 at 16:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

airlock in the coolent system? since you changed the coolent when you did the rad fan switch this may have happend

Drives supercharged Tec with torque
sport16v

14th Sep 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how would I know if it had an airlock? Yeah I checked the water and it was low so it seems to be losing water from somewhere; when it's got water, it is ok but it seems to be losing it fairly quickly. Like I topped it up to half way yesterday and today it has dropped down low again but I can't see a leak really. It seems wet just above the oil filter area and a bit wet around the thermostat housing

New Poll