corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » X12XE problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author X12XE problems
Coddy

User status: Offline
30th Aug 07 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a problem on my X12XE still. I've put in new gaskets at the inlet manifold, throttle body and on the air intake box thing on top of that. Also cleaned up and put new gaskets on the EGR unit and pipe. Today it's had new plugs and a cleaning on the coolant temp. sensor, cam position sensor and crank sensor.
When the old plugs came out they looked black and dry, which is an indicator of running rich I believe.
Did a compression test too, cylinder 1 was at about 14bar and cylinders 2,3 and 4 were at around 10 bar. All these were inside the green range shown on my gauge.

Anyone got any ideas as to what it could be thats gone tits up?
Coddy

30th Aug 07 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also cleaned up the oxygen sensor in the cat. converter and put a new ignition module on it 60 miles ago. I've just purchased a new AFM but if that doesn't cure it then I'm out of ideas.
X 60RSA

31st Aug 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats actually wrong with it........apart from the compression being different...........is it not running right? stalling, misfire?
Coddy

31st Aug 07 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It runs very lumpy, as if the throttle is being stamped on and off repeatedly, idles at over 1K now as well, also very lumpy on idle. I did have it fixed for 60 miles but it went wrong again. The guy who fixed it said it was an air leak at the inlet manifold, but after having cleaned that up and replaced gaskets and used vauxhall sealant it's still got the problem.

New Poll