corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.4 SRi

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My 1.4 SRi
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
23rd Jan 08 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well you might of been lucky and get away with not warping your head.

Shouldnt cost much to get it done anyway. Plus you can change cambelt while your at it
Graham88

23rd Jan 08 at 15:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I know, ringing the place who sold me the engine as he said it ran perfectly.

And yup already thought of doing the cambelt

Just waiting to get my angry voice on!
Simon_16v

23rd Jan 08 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha, well it'll all be good once the heads done and map sensor might be down to a split pipe?

Iirc the map sensor has a vacuum pipe running from the plug to the throttle body housing?
Graham88

25th Jan 08 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head gasket isn't gone after all, did a 50 mile trip with no heaters and had no problems .................

Except when I pulled into my road and it cut out, now won't start again

I'm 90% sure it's the crank sensor again. It would be the fiddliest sensor on the bloody car
Bri-SRi

26th Jan 08 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When I had that car if I only did a small trip I got a bit of cream on the oil cap took it to a mechanic he said it was just because I wasnt giving it a good run so thats mabey what happend to you.
swedge

26th Jan 08 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Head gasket isn't gone after all, did a 50 mile trip with no heaters and had no problems .................

Except when I pulled into my road and it cut out, now won't start again

I'm 90% sure it's the crank sensor again. It would be the fiddliest sensor on the bloody car

i just changed my crank sensor aswell lol, i had to cut the cable in half to get the old one out as the plug end wouldnt fit through th gap that the cable ran through

then i fitted the new one and it still didnt start, found out the sensor wasnt close enough to thw crank, i couldnt get the sensor out so had to take the bracket off and hammer fuck out of it with a socket bit and a hammer lol
Graham88

27th Jan 08 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bri-SRi
When I had that car if I only did a small trip I got a bit of cream on the oil cap took it to a mechanic he said it was just because I wasnt giving it a good run so thats mabey what happend to you.

Yeah a couple of people have said that, so not worried about head gasket anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by swedge
i just changed my crank sensor aswell lol, i had to cut the cable in half to get the old one out as the plug end wouldnt fit through th gap that the cable ran through

then i fitted the new one and it still didnt start, found out the sensor wasnt close enough to thw crank, i couldnt get the sensor out so had to take the bracket off and hammer fuck out of it with a socket bit and a hammer lol

Ah someone who understands my pain

It's such a bitch, think I'm gonna attempt to get the bottom fan pulley off by locking it in position to get the bolt off. That gives piss easy access to the 10mm bolt on the sensor then. In theory if the 10mm bolt is tight, and the small 'notch' is in place, the sensor should be in exactly the right position to read from the pulley.

When yours wouldn't start would it just keep turning over but not fire?

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » My 1.4 SRi 24 database queries in 0.0135469 seconds