corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » SARD fpr, can someone recommend a gauge that fits

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author SARD fpr, can someone recommend a gauge that fits
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

User status: Offline
3rd Jul 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can only set up idle fuelling with a gas analyser as muppet said, it doesnt take load into account.

which is a good thing you bought that webber alpha gauge today
Nic Barnes

3rd Jul 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even then, idle on a std ecu will set itself right no matter what the pressure is set at.

gauges like that are great for keeping an eye on things. i look at the wideband gauge in mine more than anything else. never look at boost gauge as thats not all that important as such
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for that info then

What should it be set to at idle? and what under boost?

Im assuming i can fit the alpha adjust the fpr drive under boost, check lambda reading then keep adjusting to suit?

or have i got it arse about face?
Nic Barnes

3rd Jul 07 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you wont set it at idle, and you cant. your ecu does that for you. should read between say 14.5 and 15.0, and it will flicker between there which is nothing to worry about. and yes fit it then check the readings. but, if it reads anywhere above 14.7 well actually if it reads in the 13's on boost. back off right away and make it richer

the lower the number the richer the mixture, ie 10 is very rich, 20.9 is oxygen. 14.7 is stoich or whatever its called, perfect running mixture. it should be about that under normal driving aswell. its best to take it rolling road to set up if your not that confident about it. get them to explain the o2 thing to you so you know what to look for
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What would that equate to on the weber alpha i brought off dave?

Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

3rd Jul 07 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the figures muppet are quoting are AFR figures, the gauge you bought from me measures in Lambda that ranges from (about) 0.7 to 1.4

ideally you want to set it up on a RR, the gauge will help do this but is more for monitoring the fuelling which is all important on any modified turbo motor.

the gauge comes with all the instructions you need, including reccomendations for setting up the fuelling on a turbo'd engine
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was getting confused. Thanks for clearing that up dave
csweatherston

3rd Jul 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh yea, mine being n/a i didnt have the load - boost issues lol
Ben ev

3rd Jul 07 at 20:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the black gauge wont fit as it fouls the housing on the sard regulater. you need the chrome one which is smaller
DAZ1985

3rd Jul 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im assuming you meant this one ben ??

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/METER-GAUGE-FOR-SARD-FUEL-REGULATOR-JDM-IMPREZA-EVO-STi_W0QQitemZ130128431094QQihZ003QQcategoryZ122140QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll