corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
Kerry

User status: Offline
9th Jun 07 at 09:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive been reading this thread over the last few days but refrained from posting anything because everytime i go to write something i cant put it in to words.

I have a lot of opinions to add so in no particular order i will list them one by one.

I will start by saying the reason VVOC won best stand again IMO is because their community is alot different to ours when it comes to getting the members to come along to the show itself. For a start theres none of this "do you wanna be in my gang" attitude which can be very off putting to the newer or shyer members which just want to come along to enjoy the show. Afterall isnt that what its meant to be about

Secondly what OJC says about 2004 being a good crack is right and IMO this was because there was none of this "cs campsite is here and if your names not down your not coming in" attitude. There are also certain key members that seem to like to portray themselves as GOD like and if this GOD like person hasnt given you approval then your not part of the gang so to speak.

Thirdly all this talk of other clubs being gay and why arnt they sticking with corsasport kus its bigger is utter shite! Bet you didnt know that VVOC was actually started by a few members of Vectra Sport only a few years back and is now one of the largest online car communitys and even has VBOA status! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it

Lastly (because im getting bored now) the attitude of some key members of this site well and truly stinks! Im not even gonna get personal and start naming names but there is one person on this site that i think IMO is responsible for alot of the arguing and bad feeling and perhaps if this person were to tone it down a little and act more responsible and treat everyone equally and with respect then maybe things would be a little bit better

Ian you dont need to justify yourself to anyone mate, I think your great so do lots of other people. Keep up the good work

And for the record Rob Lee is actually a nice fella

*awaits flaming*
jr

9th Jun 07 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
Ive been reading this thread over the last few days but refrained from posting anything because everytime i go to write something i cant put it in to words.

I have a lot of opinions to add so in no particular order i will list them one by one.

I will start by saying the reason VVOC won best stand again IMO is because their community is alot different to ours when it comes to getting the members to come along to the show itself. For a start theres none of this "do you wanna be in my gang" attitude which can be very off putting to the newer or shyer members which just want to come along to enjoy the show. Afterall isnt that what its meant to be about

whos gang is that then, new members came along, were included, and by all accounts had a laugh

Secondly what OJC says about 2004 being a good crack is right and IMO this was because there was none of this "cs campsite is here and if your names not down your not coming in" attitude. There are also certain key members that seem to like to portray themselves as GOD like and if this GOD like person hasnt given you approval then your not part of the gang so to speak.

sorry, thats bollocks IMO, that is so diffrent to what actully happend it funny, we told people where we would be, and that was it, how exacltey you stop people comming into a field is beond me, and the other point is we put the big massive fuck of flag on the van so everyone could see where we were, thats the idea, to get everyone together

Thirdly all this talk of other clubs being gay and why arnt they sticking with corsasport kus its bigger is utter shite! Bet you didnt know that VVOC was actually started by a few members of Vectra Sport only a few years back and is now one of the largest online car communitys and even has VBOA status! Now put that in your pipe and smoke it

Lastly (because im getting bored now) the attitude of some key members of this site well and truly stinks! Im not even gonna get personal and start naming names but there is one person on this site that i think IMO is responsible for alot of the arguing and bad feeling and perhaps if this person were to tone it down a little and act more responsible and treat everyone equally and with respect then maybe things would be a little bit better

would be intrested to know who that is
Ian you dont need to justify yourself to anyone mate, I think your great so do lots of other people. Keep up the good work

And for the record Rob Lee is actually a nice fella
hes ok yes

*awaits flaming*

[Edited on 09-06-2007 by jr]
Rob_Lee
Banned

9th Jun 07 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kerry

Steve
Premium Member

9th Jun 07 at 09:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

am i the god like person you talk of?
Kerry

9th Jun 07 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
am i the god like person you talk of?

nope

never ever had a problem with you

if i dont agree with what you or anyone else says i just move along its quite easy really
Matt H

9th Jun 07 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not saying I agree with her but I think I can see who Kerrys refering to
Kerry

9th Jun 07 at 10:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont want to turn this into a name or shame or pass the blame

just having my say like every bugger else has
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

9th Jun 07 at 10:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

There isnt any of this attitude on our stand, everyone who is a premium member and turns up gets on the stand, they arent put into any sort of order other than colour (ie, no favorites). Doesnt even matter if its a shitter

quote:

2004 was indeed a good year, we all got to meet faces and wear burger king crowns, There is no 'if your name isnt on the list you arent coming in' attitude at PVS since then, maybe you are refering to the fact that we try to dominate a part of the camping site so CS users can all meet together and have some fun instead of being scattered over the place?

quote:

I like to argue alot, regardless if you are refering to me I understand everyones point that people have to start somewhere even though we could offer them alot more, lets all move on shall we.

[Edited on 09-06-2007 by willay]
Ian
Site Administrator

11th Jun 07 at 00:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK reply as its got a bit wordy.

While I congratulate VVOC for again winning Best Stand, I'm at a loss attempting to correlate how on earth having a different community would qualify them for this award. As I understand the commendation was given for having a well organised, well presented stand. Not for the structure of their community or indeed any work done in the run-up to the show.

All the other stuff about cliques is entirely correct - the clique got up at 5am and ran around fixing up stuff.

You don't get the very positive comments as we have in this thread and the one in RGE without that relationship.

If any new people are feeling left out then my personal feeling is that this is best resolved on the day as its not really hard to fix. I'm not actually sure the magnitude of this problem as so far as I'm aware there are only a very small number of people feeling this way. That said, I intend to do something about it in additional to that already in place. I'm sure I've read a number of times from a number of staff that new people should come over and say hello, staff have posted pictures of themselves, one particular example I still have in one of them many group u2us that were sent round to ticket buyers.

However if we can do more then lets do that. I really do think that we should have a handle on exactly what the issues are though before we start trying to fix them. This vague crap about rumour and feelings and not actually describing the problem isn't going to sort anything.
RS6

11th Jun 07 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd just like to add here, i think CS is great and is worth every penny, i mainly pay for the image hosting, the site is always online and very reliable

this year attended PVS for the 1st time with CS, was given a warm welcome and offered a place at the front of the stand, met loads of members all welcoming, thats what I call a good site who value their members unlike some of the other websites who have club stands

keep the good work up
JonnyJ

11th Jun 07 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My two cents RE new members and fitting in. When i showed up at pvs the only people id met in person before was Whittie and P3Boy so basically everyone was a new face to me and yet within about 2 minutes id spoke and met loads of new people. I was surprised how easy it was and everyone was really friendly.

I found all the staff very friendly, ecspecially Willay and Matt H.

Overall my experience of PVS was a good one and one i look forward to doing again next year.
Wrighty

11th Jun 07 at 00:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitting in? how can you not on here?

last year was my first pvs and i showed with cs, i hadnt even got out the car and id met 2 new faces and spoken to them.

within a few mins of cleaning my car matty g, jamesvalver and j200rsa had come over and said hello etc etc, everyone is ace. just now i wish i had camped this year and got chance to meet a few more people..
Sam
Premium Member

11th Jun 07 at 13:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
then this thread is not about the discussion of banned CS members. If it was, maybe we could talk about VAGWeb while we were at it too?

fuck off sam, why bring vagweb into it just because your poxy shit website is taking flak

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Steve]

Hit a nerve have I?
Steve
Premium Member

11th Jun 07 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not really, but maybe ian or similar can ciriticise as he has a well built well developed website, not that half attempt at a forum you own
Iain M

11th Jun 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sam
then this thread is not about the discussion of banned CS members. If it was, maybe we could talk about VAGWeb while we were at it too?

fuck off sam, why bring vagweb into it just because your poxy shit website is taking flak

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Steve]

Hit a nerve have I?

Its fuckall to do with Vagweb this thread so why bring it into it.
Sam
Premium Member

11th Jun 07 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If either of you had half a brain cell between you, and actually read my post properly, you would realise I was trying to make a point to Andrew, that VAGWeb has banned CS members on its forums too (referring to him talking about my site having banned members). If I wanted to talk about the banned CS members on VAGWeb I would make a thread about it.
Rus

11th Jun 07 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Ive been reading this thread over the last few days ......*awaits flaming*

thats complete crap. its been more than friendly and inviting each year. Last time i recall you was playing the "god" of the group with the northeners, shouting and laughing. no wonder people felt awkward, coming to say hi. I can't comment on this year as i didn't go. But i've been last year and the year before that. Trax included.

the cs community is more than friendly with jr, willay, ojc, fad, dna23, e-tec to name a few are all open enough for anyone to come over and say hi. The southeners even came over to the northeners last year to have a bit of banter. i don't remember you guys ever coming over to us. But see theres this north, south thing. Its understandable due to meets throughout the year. I just think your gunning down cs over nothing.
jr

11th Jun 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at the friendly group, what a scary prospect
TheCam

11th Jun 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I cant believe this thread is still going.. thought i would have died down by now.
Rus

11th Jun 07 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ojc is "more" than friendly
gianluigi

11th Jun 07 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
But see theres this north, south thing. Its understandable due to meets throughout the year.

there was none of this north south "thing" this year. northerners as much as the southeners were very friendly and sociable.
gianluigi

11th Jun 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
ojc is "more" than friendly

after 2 mins of speaking to oliver, he asked me to get naked

i declined btw
abdus

11th Jun 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what's this thread all about then?
Rus

11th Jun 07 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gianluigi
i declined btw

shouldn't have tbh

Iain M

11th Jun 07 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Us northeners are very freindly and are willing to welcome anyone. Can i also say that this applies to southerners as well as me and my brother where made very welcome at the RR day last year

<<  10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 23 database queries in 0.1984801 seconds