corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa?

New Poll
  <<  3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa?
R Lee

User status: Offline
15th May 07 at 16:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
so if 0-60 you are claiming is 7's, id agree with that, but a vts 0-60 is also 7's so how are you pulling away comfortably lol?

i would say up to 80/90 its very close, then the XE would edge away going past a ton

Thats standstill 0-60. I pull away comfortably when rolling
I don't often do "drag races" so, 0-60 don't mean much to me.

Anyway, lets not start arguing or debating about it, its so tedious and boring now
corsa120

15th May 07 at 16:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dave a, still think you need to retract some statements, in the 3 years ive had my xe ive not had a missfire just broken afm, and mine does not piss oil on the floor, yeah ive changed the sump gasket 2 years ago but it is still good and i can take pic of my drive where it sits everyday if u like lol and my gearbox is totally fine after 3 years of caning the shit out of it so what ur opinion goes for is not every 2.0 corsa
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 16:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't worry Steve. My mate used to think the same as you.

He took the piss out of me for buying a Corsa 1.6 sport. He said that in his VTS's (both saxo and C2) left them for dead.

I said "we'll see."

So we had a race, Standard v Standard.

He was shocked that i even kept up. Then i had my exhaust fitted and drilled my air box.

Now i started t catch up and on one occation i nearly crash into the back of him. But he said my car isn't running right..... bla bla bla....

Now he accepts that mine must be a very good example and the others he have raced must have an induction kit on (hot air).
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yours, if a good example will have factory figures, ie 105bhp or whatever they have, it wont be magically faster, and it wont catch up with any normal VTS i guarantee you that.

im not calling you a liar, im saying either he couldnt drive or his vts was fucked
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
dave a, still think you need to retract some statements, in the 3 years ive had my xe ive not had a missfire just broken afm, and mine does not piss oil on the floor, yeah ive changed the sump gasket 2 years ago but it is still good and i can take pic of my drive where it sits everyday if u like lol and my gearbox is totally fine after 3 years of caning the shit out of it so what ur opinion goes for is not every 2.0 corsa

Sound like another good example.

You'll get good ones and bad ones for every car.

I could go out to night and lose to a X14XE. Doubt it.
corsa120

15th May 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so why is it 106 gti/vts/vtr's basically every car bar the corsa can make more power standard but a corsa cant and the reason is because ths is a corsa site lol

my friend who died in crash last year in his 106 gti in nobottle northamptonshire, his 106 gti was not much faster than my mrs 1.6 16v corsa, and hers was standard for standard lets just say my mrs could track it quite easy and keep it in sight

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by corsa120]
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i should hope you could keep it in site, the vts or 106gti isnt rocket powered lol

im telling you from owning both a vts or 106 gti is a fair bit faster especially when you get over 60, it pulls and pulls compared to the corsa it just goes straight past a ton and pulls better at 115 then my corsa gsi could at 90 tbh

DAZ1985

16th May 07 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DAZ1985
quote:
saxos from 99>late 2000 tend to make a bit mroe than 120bhp, closer to 130bhp, they have a slightly different head and no EGR system

Now i've heard from various saxo forums that this appears to be a myth iirc

its not a myth, the heads are proven to flow 5% better, and the EGR is just a plain fact, dont even need to debate about that lol

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80895&highlight=130bhp+standard

now theirs more threads related to the same 130bhp standard claims, if you wish me to dig out for you
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th May 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

it was a lighthearted joke, no not every c20xe corsa has lots of problems but they do have sump gasket issues and AFM problems are quite common, same goes for the comment about french cars and gearboxes.

its the same as saying that the x16xe has very common faults such as ICV and EGR faults, its true, they do
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 10:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont care what a bunch of chavs say on a saxo forum, im telling you the heads are different, and that particular model DIDNT have an egr sustem, speak to someone who knows what they are talking about like luckyb, he has a fair bit of experiencing tuning the TU lumps and these heads have been PROVEN to flow 5% better
corsa_rob

16th May 07 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im interested into how these vts's go now lol haha! u can turbo them and that lol...

Did the saxo versus corsa day ever happen?

wud be interesting to see like!
Steve
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 10:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can turbo them, but TB's generally work better in them
K2 GTi

16th May 07 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love it when these threads pop up everyday makes my day at work it really does
topshot_2k
Banned

16th May 07 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

like its a new discovery that something with more power and less weight can beat something else in a race
Rob B

16th May 07 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

THis was a good read

Dave A comment summed it up nothing really needed to be said after that cause everything he said was bang on correct.

SteveX16XE, sure you havent wrote that email your self No way a x16xe even with a mantzel would stay with a 106/vts
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

16th May 07 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which comment rob?
Rob B

16th May 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
quote:

Sound like another good example.

You'll get good ones and bad ones for every car.

I could go out to night and lose to a X14XE. Doubt it.

well the difference between a x14xe and x16xe is about the same between a x16xe and a vts, so anything is possilbe using your statements
topshot_2k
Banned

16th May 07 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
What are your views Mr Dave?

my views (based on driving and working on these hothatches every day) are as follows:

1. a mildly tuned 106 gti / Vts is a good match up to 100 mph for 2.0 corsa and will easily outhandle it

2. 2.0 corsas are great fun when built right

3. a fully stripped 1.6 16v corsa isnt a match for a standard gti/vts speed wise to 80 mph but will keep with it. again will fall short on the handling

4. a fully stripped 1.6 16v corsa with 180 bhp and £1000+ spent on the handling setup and £800+ worth of brakes will trounce them all and then wont piss oil on the floor, develop a missfire and break a gearbox.

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Dave A]

this one ?
Rob B

16th May 07 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes that one .
Dean_W

16th May 07 at 10:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob B
SteveX16XE, sure you havent wrote that email your self No way a x16xe even with a mantzel would stay with a 106/vts

I said that before.....When mines running right, it's around 130BHP. It still struggles.
Rob B

16th May 07 at 10:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry havent read it the whole way through, i was hoping someone else thought the same.

<<  3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa? 23 database queries in 0.2044709 seconds