corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa?
Steve X16XE

User status: Offline
15th May 07 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't rate mine. Goes to the floor everytime i press it. Need some goodridge hoses.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

btw iv owned both a C16XE corsa and two 106gtis, i can tell you from experience there is a lot of difference between them

sounds like your mate owned a VTR tbh

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Steve]
Dean_W

15th May 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Corsa brakes good as standard????

Eh? Uh? You sure?

I was thinking this myself. My standard brakes were shoot. My mrs has a 206, that has excellent brakes. My ma's toyota, that has good brakes. Mine were just plain shocking.
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

15th May 07 at 15:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve X16XE
What are your views Mr Dave?

my views (based on driving and working on these hothatches every day) are as follows:

1. a mildly tuned 106 gti / Vts is a good match up to 100 mph for 2.0 corsa and will easily outhandle it

2. 2.0 corsas are great fun when built right

3. a fully stripped 1.6 16v corsa isnt a match for a standard gti/vts speed wise to 80 mph but will keep with it. again will fall short on the handling

4. a fully stripped 1.6 16v corsa with 180 bhp and £1000+ spent on the handling setup and £800+ worth of brakes will trounce them all and then wont piss oil on the floor, develop a missfire and break a gearbox.

[Edited on 15-05-2007 by Dave A]
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they arent amazing but they bite harder then vts's or 106gti's

think peugeot or citroen purposely made them a bit soft as sensitive brakes on a corner in the wet in a 106gti or vts would be dangerous in inexperienced hands
Dean_W

15th May 07 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
106gti or vts would be dangerous in inexperienced hands

How many inexperienced drivers can afford the insurance on one of these. Don't talk poop.
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
sounds like your mate owned a VTR tbh

Deffo was a VTS. I even saw the badge
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
4. a fully stripped 1.6 16v corsa with 180 bhp and £1000+ spent on the handling setup and £800+ worth of brakes will trounce them all and then wont piss oil on the floor, develop a missfire and break a gearbox.

Yours?
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dean_W
quote:
106gti or vts would be dangerous in inexperienced hands

How many inexperienced drivers can afford the insurance on one of these. Don't talk poop.

i see a lot of 19-21 owners, these arent really that experienced imo, and i see a lot of crashed ones also through people not driving them very well in the wet.

the rear torsion bar in the wet is lethal
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had this...........

20 bhp is f-all. how come a 206 (gti 180) is slower than both a vts (c2 and saxo) if bhp has anything to do with it? its all about how the power is put on the road and the corsa is a lot faster through the gears. Surely bhp is not the only important factor in deciding the overall speed of a car. My car has a claimed 126 bhp but is way slower than both.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave A
quote:
What are your views Mr Dave?

Ahhhhh yes.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Dave A

15th May 07 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry phil, forgot

it wont throw out the driveshafts and break a cv joint a week either

Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just had this...........

20 bhp is f-all. how come a 206 (gti 180) is slower than both a vts (c2 and saxo) if bhp has anything to do with it? its all about how the power is put on the road and the corsa is a lot faster through the gears. Surely bhp is not the only important factor in deciding the overall speed of a car. My car has a claimed 126 bhp but is way slower than both.

the guy is clearly and idiot, his car has 126 bhp but will be heavier thats why its slower, same goes for the 206gti.

cant believe hes trying to argue with me that ...

a) iv owned both cars

b) that a corsa sport is faster than a vts/106 gti

laughable tbh

Dave A

15th May 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Just had this...........

exactly steve. well pointed out. my car is a hell of a lot quicker to 100mph now since fitting a higher final drive. a lot of how a car drives on the road is in the overall package i.e gearing, weight, power, handling etc...
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right so are you now saying Dave that a corsa sport is faster than a 106gti?
Dave A

15th May 07 at 15:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
right so are you now saying Dave that a corsa sport is faster than a 106gti?

no chance not in standard form
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, like my mate said, mine must be a good example. I have had a pop at a VTS and kept up. Might have been down to the driver tho.

Never had a go at a GTI tho. I think they are meant to be a little better.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks

i know aswell as the next person its not all about bhp, buts its simple maths to figure how the 106gti is faster, and bhp is just one of the factors.

it also pulls a lot harder at the top of the rev range
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well, like my mate said, mine must be a good example. I have had a pop at a VTS and kept up. Might have been down to the driver tho.

Never had a go at a GTI tho. I think they are meant to be a little better.

well my mates standard VTS got a 15.0 up the strip, my old one got 15.3's on a different day, but got that on two runs.

now take your corsa up the strip, if it beats those times il happily admit its faster, but it wont
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine now with the 4-1 pulls hard to it limit.
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take it up the strip, il be surprised if it gets below 16's tbh
theres a lot of factors with racing stuff on the road, just because you keep up with something doesnt mean its faster or even as fast.

if you floored your car even 1 second before he did thats his advantage almost gone for a start

Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd love to do the 1/4 at PVS but everyone is telling me that i'll be waiting for hours for a run. Which is a big shame coz i would love to know.
cunningham

15th May 07 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a set oh turbo brakes and calipers and decent fixed rate suspesion like bilsteina dn bolybushes and iknow for a fact my car handles well
Steve
Premium Member

15th May 07 at 15:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

best example i can show you is when sooty bought his 106gti down, same mods as mine, we both hgot 15.3 and 15.4 respectivly up the strip.

Now when we raced on the road, on a dual track i floored mine mustve been milliseconds after he did and he could come past me quite easily and pull away, but if we both made sure we floored it at the same time it would be even.

unless your side by side with a timed start youl never know if your car is as fast as somethinig
Steve X16XE

15th May 07 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
take it up the strip, il be surprised if it gets below 16's tbh
theres a lot of factors with racing stuff on the road, just because you keep up with something doesnt mean its faster or even as fast.

if you floored your car even 1 second before he did thats his advantage almost gone for a start

I came off a roundabout (in a 60 area and i was l8) and cought him up. Was about to overtake then he booted it. I then went into 2nd and proceeded to play and keep up.

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » how quick are 2 litre XE lumps in a corsa? 23 database queries in 0.1150811 seconds