corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Forza, frustrating

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Forza, frustrating
Dom

User status: Offline
29th Apr 07 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just pulled out the game and have realised why i don't play it, it's sooooooo fecking frustrating

Anyone have any good tips for a corvette setup (currently 800brake but have all of the bells and whistles)?

Really struggling to get a good setup, can't seem to get the 0 - 60 down from 3.4 secs (even when adjusting the Final Drive, just makes it slower) and the thing just slids all over the show and understeers in corners
I just keep getting my arse tanned (2nd) on the silverstone race (part of the corvette tournament)....completed all of the others races, just this one...too many corners for a yank tank And the 40th odd restarts are pissing me off
mk4_astra

29th Apr 07 at 14:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had exactly the same problem as you, i upgraded EVERYTHING i could on the corvette. iirc it was around 850-900bhp and i tried messing with the gear ratios but the changes seemed to be minimal or alot worse. it was such a handful in the corners and i used to get so pissed off on this series.

is this the one where you win the hennesy viper?

what about putting the braking and corner lines on, i know its cheating but it helps

dont mess with the final drive, i think tinkering 3rd and 4th help mine get better midrange but i dont have the game nor the xbox1 so i cant tel you my exact setup i had
Dom

29th Apr 07 at 16:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea, think you do win the viper or another corvette (atleast).

I have switched on the "racing line" but the braking points are way off (braking to soon and its hard to guess where the propper braking points are on the corners).

I have ditched the supercharger/turbo, the 0 - 60 is still the same, just loose out on the top end, but like you say its such a handful in the corners

Have even tried with the a.i set to easy, still getting my arse handed to me (im guessing the a.i follows your driving style?) by this single corvette (lufffeeeffererere - sometihng similar) that just wants to hang off my bumper. Only on the straights do i manage to get a .5-2 secs lead (due to the power), then the corners im having to dab the throttle whilsts trying to control the understeer (loosing me the lead). At the same time the driver behind takes the corner perfectly and nudges me off the track

i have a feeling its one of those that will take me a few weeks to get past
mk4_astra

29th Apr 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will be lingenfelter, they are very well respected in the states and know there stuff. see video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYdcIuB2vz8

it was always a black lingenfelter that gave me grief on that race aswell, your best bet it to probably keep the turbo and tinker with 3rd 4th and 5th gear ratios and keep taking it to the 1/4 mile until you get your best time.

it will take you a while to pass i can promise you that, infact i never got any further on forza because of this very race i won a few in the corvette challenge but its that massive american track i would lose it on
Corsa_Sri_93

30th Apr 07 at 05:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got stuck on Forza for the same reason. Just cheat like i did. I now have all the cars and shit loads of money!
Kurt

30th Apr 07 at 08:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

type in forza setups into google, i got a pretty cool drift setup for my evo
i used to have a stupidly powerful ae86 at one point didnt like corners, theres some cool setups for them though

New Poll