corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Associated costs of buying property?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Associated costs of buying property?
RichR
Premium Member

User status: Offline
27th Feb 07 at 18:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What have people paid in terms of searches, solicitors fees and surveys etc plus any other associated costs?

Just trying to roughly sort out what we can afford; supposedly have a telephone mortgage interview at 6.30 so should be more clued up then; however would liek an idea first!
Ally

27th Feb 07 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine were about 2k all together, you can also choose to add the mortgage arrangement fee on to your mortgage if they charge one

TBH - that was pretty much it for me, Searches were £150, Fees were £600, Survery was done by Richies dad, then i had to shell out for other things that i totally can't remember now

Deposit if you are paying one, and ££ to actually move if you have a shit load of stuff. We moved mine in Richies dads van, and our cars ohhh the fun
RichR
Premium Member

27th Feb 07 at 18:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2 mortgage offers - both can offer us £40 000 over what we need on very reasonable repayments (less than £700)
Ally

27th Feb 07 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what type/rate/who with?
RichR
Premium Member

27th Feb 07 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Norhtern Rock and Britannia; both offering over £150,000 just talking types/rates with Brittania (although she indicates approx £675 at this stage.

Northern Rock was a 1.5 year fixed rate mortgage again at £675;

both are borrowing £115000 as opposed to the house value of £124,950

[Edited on 27-02-2007 by LiVe LeE]
Melville

4th Mar 07 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do you know that will only be interest only?
RichR
Premium Member

4th Mar 07 at 15:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not interest only at all - its capital+Interest

were borrowing less than 3 times our income

[Edited on 04-03-2007 by LiVe LeE]
Mad Moe

5th Mar 07 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was going to say I have a interrest only buy to let mortgage with Northern Rock at the moment for around a 100K and it's only 396/Month.

Been looking at various mortgage deals at the moment and Northern Rock really do take some beating

[Edited on 05-03-2007 by Mad Moe]
whitter45

5th Mar 07 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would niot bother with interest only as you have to prove a saving scheme so you could pay the balance off at the end

Stamp duty needs to be taken into account if the house is above 125k

Chancel Report is the biggest new thing to hit solicitors - need to chedck this out and the current owner must pay the policy to cover the house if the report comes back as true

The sellers of the house I just bought were forced to pay it otherwise my sloicitor advised I would pull out of the deal

New Poll