corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » v6 into a corsa b

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author v6 into a corsa b
chudds

User status: Offline
   15th Feb 07 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have seen loads of kits to put a 2.0ltr into a corsa b but is there a kit avalible to put a v6 in?

i have seen the bat corsa and jus love the idea!

also what do other people think about this conversion? because on a more sensible note you could jus tell me to put a let in there and get the same power
2ltrjim

15th Feb 07 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have heard that you can use the same kit as a 2ltr but he was not a very reliable source dont know if that helps
AuroraSport

15th Feb 07 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no, as far as im aware the v6 conversion is completely bespoke, no off-the-shelf kits etc.
C4RL0

15th Feb 07 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just put a LET in, it's easy to see 300bhp with the turbo motor.
chudds

15th Feb 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know you can get the same power from a let but its a lil bit to common everyoe is puttins xe's and lets in a v6 is a lil bit differant

does anybody know the weighs of the engines like a let compared to a v6

how much u reckon it will affect the handling?
shane2corsa

15th Feb 07 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

v6 is 25kg more i reckon, v6's are common round lincoln. if you spend enough on the suspension handling can be however you want it.
the v6's seem to deliver nice torquey power and run very smooth!

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by shane2corsa]
CoastalCorsa

15th Feb 07 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u2u Beardy, his advise and knowledge will be v good

[Edited on 15-02-2007 by CoastalCorsa]
SAL
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 22:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

power crazy in lincoln have done loads of these !
SAL
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 22:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.powercrazy.co.uk/index.htm#SERVICES
Robin
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's the wrong Powercrazy.
SAL
Premium Member

15th Feb 07 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
That's the wrong Powercrazy.

Robin
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 01:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The link you posted isn't Powercrazy in Lincoln.
chudds

16th Feb 07 at 13:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys i couldnt find n e thin on the power crazy site either!

im goin to u2u beadry and see what the dilio is

suppose id better start saving for the insurance as well

any one got n e ideas on what the insurance would be
SAL
Premium Member

16th Feb 07 at 13:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

alot !
chudds

16th Feb 07 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought that much

any 1 got n e pic iv only seen the one n it look like it was shoehorned in!
BeArDy

16th Feb 07 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For future referance when the search function works again

quote:

Hi mate,
The reason why there are not many about as they are a total pig to do, as they cost alot on parts to make them fit, and people can have a C20let for about the same price if not cheaper.

Cutting the bodys is really not need, just the bulkhead as there no room for the inlet system or throttle system. Also so you can get the inlet on and off.

Custom engine mount is needed, on the drivers side which need to go threw a Belt so is alittle pain in the arse.

when fitting the engine you need to Strip it total down to a bare block mount it and then add all the bits, as there is no room at all in the bay to do anything.

Now here the main Problem and the money shot
the manifolds, the front one hits the crossmember and the rear one (which is the bitch) hits the steering rack, as there is no room at all between the engine and the rack, so both manifold need custom making, which is a Nightmare. as its a matter of make a bit test it make abit more test that, reason being theres only about 3" between the block and rack and in that room you need to make a down pipe with a curve and design it to you can bolt it on.
When i was building mine i spoke to a lad who was one of the first to fit a V6 and he has to Cut his manifold off whenever he wants to take it off and reweld it back on.
mine takes 4hours to take off as i only have about 5mm of spanner movment.
To get a company to make theres your looking about £400 per manifold (only going off what a mate Brett had to pay for his Nova V6)

You will also need a F20 Gearbox and Flywheel plus a uprated clutch as they dont last long, my brand new standard vauxhall one lasted 2 months (300miles)

Cooling the engine is another people, i had head gaskets go in a week (plus another V6 corsa i know went after 3 weeks and e went back to XE) get the biggest Rad you can fit Plus spend money on good fans, i have 2 Kenlow fans which cost £60 each and are well worth every penny.

shafts again upto you, if your using the Split shaft and middle mount you going to need to make a spacer as theres a gap, otherwise the shafts will flop about.

as for Power i wouldent like to say with a C20LET as i havent been aside one, the V6 engine swop in a corsa has not got to be down to power its got to be down to wanting the engine in there, and enjoying the sound it makes (which it awsome), if it was down to power you could get a LET in there which in the long run you could get alot more power out off, where 210bhp is about the limits off a V6 without spending alot of money (unless you got NOS)

I have done loads of XE and LET's into corsas for myself and other people and i would do them again if asked, BUT i would never do another V6 again..........

any more question feel free to PM

C4RL0

16th Feb 07 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm, sounds fun then

[Edited on 16-02-2007 by C4RL0]
shauny bizzle

16th Feb 07 at 23:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quality car beardy

New Poll