corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advantages of a raised rev limit...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Advantages of a raised rev limit...
T5POL

User status: Offline
8th Feb 07 at 22:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
quote:
Originally posted by T5POL

VW Cup MKV Golf TDi. It won 2 rounds last year and was in top 3 for another 3 of the rounds.

Shhhhhhhh

Jules S
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 22:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
torque is for motorways, a high revving 16v engine would be better for trackdays or whatever than a torquey one, hence why no-one uses diesels as track cars...

You are wrong there matey

Ive had mine remapped to make sure the torque level is at peak where I want it....rev limit is also raised so when i change gear the revs fall back into the torque sweet spot.

No cams/forged pistons etc here....forged pistons are needed at circa 9k revs so I understand on the 2.2 lump
Butler

8th Feb 07 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could buy a 16v lump or alternatively reinforce the bottom end and go for a higher lift cam and raise the limit on the management...
Robin
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 22:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jules, it was a joke
Jules S
Premium Member

8th Feb 07 at 22:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Jules, it was a joke

I didn't think you had read the specs of the lemans diesels anyways

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Advantages of a raised rev limit... 23 database queries in 0.0097089 seconds