corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » What printer?

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What printer?
JadeM
Premium Member

User status: Offline
25th Jan 07 at 20:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeLamb

You can get replica cartridges for a couple of quid each.

I've been told the printers take about 7 or 8 different colour cartridges at a time, is this right
Dom

25th Jan 07 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulW
only problem i always had with epsons was if you dont use them often enough the ink in the heads will dry

hp are also good

haven't read all of the thread, but i can personally comments that this is the same with HPs. Infact it'll happen with any printer if left for a while (had it happen to a xerox, hp and an epson).

Eitherway, look at printer cart. before anything, as the printer will cost you £100 or so and then you'll be paying £30 for a cart. each
Dom

25th Jan 07 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JadeM
quote:

I've been told the printers take about 7 or 8 different colour cartridges at a time, is this right

eh?
usually you have two, one black and the other the colour (RGB). You can get printers that take multiple colour cart. for RGB (3 seperate carts + black) or ymck (4 carts + black) etc
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
only problem i always had with epsons was if you dont use them often enough the ink in the heads will dry

hp are also good

haven't read all of the thread, but i can personally comments that this is the same with HPs. Infact it'll happen with any printer if left for a while (had it happen to a xerox, hp and an epson).

Eitherway, look at printer cart. before anything, as the printer will cost you £100 or so and then you'll be paying £30 for a cart. each

Tell me your joking
Dom

25th Jan 07 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:

hp are also good

Tell me your joking

if you get propper ones yea. But like said you can pick them up for a fiver or so, but its a bit of a mixed bag whether there any good or not (worth it though).

And i would recommend the RX Epson series with a flatbed scanner built in. Photos are pretty good (not the best, but for a 130 quid printer not too bad) and the scanner is bloody useful, especially being a flatbed. Roommates RX is a bit slow on printing (30-60secs a sheet), but apart from that i cannot recommend it enough.
Though it's a bit annoying that it doesn't do double sheet printing unlike the HP i havem only useful if you happened to print out a lot of essays or documents etc
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Get an epson, Ink is expensive for HP's

Get this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Epson-Photo-R300-Printer-CD-DVD-Printing-Memcard-ETC_W0QQitemZ190076404804QQihZ009QQcategoryZ178QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

That looks nice, and not too expensive What is the difference between the 3 Epson's to make such a big price gap?

Steve does what kind of camera I have make any difference when choosing a printer?

no
Steve
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont get replicas or refills, especially if your doing photo printing, the ink will fade and most of the time the colour match is shocking!
Colin

25th Jan 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All the cheap ink ive bought has been terrible!!

The faither says to get either a Canon Pixma iP5000 or a Epson Stylus Photo R320
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve can you explain the difference in quality between...............

Epson R800 - £191.60 and the Epson R1800 - £318.70

Thanks Jade
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
All the cheap ink ive bought has been terrible!!

The faither says to get either a Canon Pixma iP5000 or a Epson Stylus Photo R320

Is it the Epson Willie uses atm?

[Edited on 25-01-2007 by JadeM]
Dom

25th Jan 07 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at reviews on google. Best thing you can do and then make up your mind from there
Colin

25th Jan 07 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No but he doesnt just want to print high quality photo's!! He uses it as a general printer/scanner/fax.
Colin

25th Jan 07 at 20:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/computing/peripherals/printers/225560/reviews
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/computing/peripherals/printers/225560/reviews

That seems a good price

BTW I want one that takes a memory card, how do I know which ones do and which ones don't
Liam

25th Jan 07 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It should say 'Memory Card Compatible' on the specs/information.
JadeM
Premium Member

25th Jan 07 at 21:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll