corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » to end all xbox 360 vs ps3 arguements...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author to end all xbox 360 vs ps3 arguements...
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

User status: Offline
26th Jan 07 at 08:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair Mike, you are probably one of the only people here who are comment and it be fair, seeing as you have the majority (or all) of the next gen consoles.
dj_mikey_k

26th Jan 07 at 08:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wii plays DVD's its just not implimented, but will be in an updated firmware release

Kinda like the dash update for 360's, and System upgrades for the ps3
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 08:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Firmware, come on mate, Nintendo should of got the fucking memo by now to have their future consoles playing DVDs from Day 1, fair play they are resolving it though with an update.
Demo

26th Jan 07 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSL youre correct in what youre saying there young william. nintendo take the piss at times. its even worse than when the original xbox came out and you had to spunk extra dollar on the dvd playing dongle

and lets face it, power of a console means fuck all in the race for being number 1. its all about the software
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WII is good for the kids, will get boring over time, its not a sensible enough product to win
topshot_2k
Banned

26th Jan 07 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you still need a decent machine for developers to build decent software for
topshot_2k
Banned

26th Jan 07 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

steve i agree. It doesnt support HD, has not HD/Blu ray player, it IMHO is a bit gimmicky. fun with the mates but limited lifespan.
dj_mikey_k

26th Jan 07 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well if ure talking developers and programmers

they love the wii, and the 360

unlike the PS3 which Hideo Kojima (Metal gear) said that he probley won't be able to get the best that is possible from the machine in this generations life span

Not bigging up one or the other, all i am saying that the Wii will bring gaming back into the mainstream again just like the atari 2600 did before the video game crash

I also think the 360 has a definite advantage with the planned cross-over of xbox live and windows live,

Also until we know which way HD-DVD/Blu Ray is going to pan out i can not state what type of influence this will have on sales of 360 &PS3

Also Ken Kutaragi has stated that he does'nt see the PS3 as a Gaming Machine more of a Home Hub, And belives that it will eventually take over from the PC as the Homes main acess to the internet

The way i see the console wars playing out this gen is.

1. DS
2. Wii
3. 360
4. PSP
5. PS3 (Until near the end of the life scale)
dj_mikey_k

26th Jan 07 at 18:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
steve i agree. It doesnt support HD, has not HD/Blu ray player, it IMHO is a bit gimmicky. fun with the mates but limited lifespan.

360 does'nt support TRUE HD, it can only out put 720p navie it has to upscale to 1080p
mk4_astra

26th Jan 07 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

360 can put out up to 1080i, i think he was on about the hd-dvd player add on which is true hd in 1080p.
John

26th Jan 07 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The 360 can't put out 1080p though, so hd add on or not its still not 1080p.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john, do you want a punch to the mouth?
John

26th Jan 07 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes.

Am I wrong
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dno
mk4_astra

26th Jan 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

at steves random comment.

dont think you are wrong john, heard an upscaler cant go as far as 1080p, and that 1080p only really benefits people with 42" tvs or bigger
Robbo

26th Jan 07 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by willay
I was reading somewhere (cant remember now) about the distribution of the consoles, apparently Europe is alot harder then the states and japan when it comes to dishing out their product. They decided it was better to delay one region of the world instead of the whole world.
bbc
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sounds like a poor excuse the reason was because they didnt have a part in a ready enough supply
ChrisBoom

26th Jan 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the 360, but they also fuck around the European market, all of the big forign compaines do. For example, in the US they have XBL "Diamond". Its the same price as gold, but you get discounts on games, entered into weekly comoptions etc.. We dont get that.

Also, we get stuff much later than the US. We sometimes have to wait months after a US release to get a game.

Microsoft also overcharge on their software, its about £190 more for office 2007 here, even though its the exact same product? Thieving bastards lol.

Still love the gaming side of M$ though
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jan 07 at 20:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea i dont really like MS, but am impressed with MS Gaming
topshot_2k
Banned

26th Jan 07 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by macboom69
I love the 360, but they also fuck around the European market, all of the big forign compaines do. For example, in the US they have XBL "Diamond". Its the same price as gold, but you get discounts on games, entered into weekly comoptions etc.. We dont get that.

Also, we get stuff much later than the US. We sometimes have to wait months after a US release to get a game.

Microsoft also overcharge on their software, its about £190 more for office 2007 here, even though its the exact same product? Thieving bastards lol.

this is due to our governments stance on tax, not the manufacturers
ChrisBoom

28th Jan 07 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by topshot_2k
quote:
Originally posted by macboom69

this is due to our governments stance on tax, not the manufacturers

Yeah, but can that warrant a £190 increase??
topshot_2k
Banned

28th Jan 07 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

import tax, VAT, Money grabbing delivery companies/haulage, shops cost, all adds up. its all wrong.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll