corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Uses for steering wheel controls

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Uses for steering wheel controls
coolcroc

User status: Offline
   15th Jan 07 at 02:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I find it much easier to use the radio/CD controls on the player, than to use the steering wheel controls !
BUT, can these steering wheel controls be used for other things, such as to
turn on/off air con for a short power burst, air recirc so I dont have to breathe smelly diesel from filthy trucks, etc. , or to operate other electric stuff.
Some controls are currently tiny buttons on the dashboard, and are are difficult/dangerous to use at speed.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jan 07 at 02:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theoretically, yes. I think they are CAN BUS in which case you alter the data sent by the button and you alter which device responds to the button. Possible but by no means simple.
bubble

15th Jan 07 at 07:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Theoretically, yes. I think they are CAN BUS in which case you alter the data sent by the button and you alter which device responds to the button. Possible but by no means simple.

hmm. unfortunately the above is not true.

the swc are directly linked to the stereo and do not go through the bcm. in order to work other things such as a/c etc, you would need to add them to the variant configuration of the BCM which on a corsa has fixed parameters and is therefore not pheasable.

New Poll