corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Mondeo ST200....

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Ford Mondeo ST200....
g-man

User status: Offline
4th Jan 07 at 15:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Thats why some ST owners have sold up in favour of a VXR

Where did you find this bollocks?

quote:
thats why Autocar have had both cars and a Golf GTi for 6 months and rate the Astra as the clear leader, thats why the VXR done Nurberg in 8.35 and the ST was only 6 seconds quicker than the ZAFIRA VXR......

I can't find anything on the site about this? Care to explain? Also, I hate people who suggest a 13 mile track is a race track. It's not! It has a massive straight that shows up the slightest lack of power. One thing I did notice on the site regarding the ST though...

quote:
Autocar
This is an option thanks to the ST’s linear power delivery: if this was a VXR, we’d be disappearing in a cloud of uncontrollable wheelspin about now.

quote:
Sorry, yeah, i hear the new Focus ST VOLVO powered cars arn't too bad, but no VXR, a car built by Vauxhall

We'll just ignore the fact that Volvo are owned by Ford, anyway. That and the T5 engine was developed with Ford Motors money.

quote:
If fords were THAT good they would be re-entered into BTCC or an independent team would be using them. The only reason the Astra is being removed from the BTCC this year is due to the areodynamics and that the Vectra offers better airflow.

We're talking about road cars here. Don't you grasp this?

quote:
Cavalier was in the mid 80's, nope, 80's, 90's not much at all. The world as a whole really didn't develope much between the 80's and 90's did it.

Mk3 Cavalier, please.
Ojc

4th Jan 07 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry but some prefer the ST, most prefer the VXR.

Ok?
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 15:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I await the monent you realise that the Mk3 cavalier was infact sold in 1988.
Tom

4th Jan 07 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

G-man (nice ghetto name btw ) I think you need to realise first of all that you are on a vauxhall site. There are going to be journalists and also real people who have differing opinions to yours or other journalists, deal with it.

I would suggest if you come on a VAUXHALL corsa site raving about fords being the first cars that set a new level for handling and then start talking about proof then don't expect to be treated nicely or with any great level of respect.

I think that you'll find it was you who mentioned btcc first and you who seems to think you know more about cavaliers than any vauxhall nut on here, even though they are the worst cars ever

Feck off back to your ford site.

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by Tom]
Marc

4th Jan 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin
I await the monent you realise that the Mk3 cavalier was infact sold in 1988.

hehe!
Daimo B

4th Jan 07 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

code:
Where did you find this bollocks?

No-where appropriate. Only the Ford ST website, only the AStra VXR website and owners who've sold up and bought an astra. Never seen 1 post so far from someone owning an astra selling up for a Focus ST...

quote:

I can't find anything on the site about this? Care to explain? Also, I hate people who suggest a 13 mile track is a race track. It's not! It has a massive straight that shows up the slightest lack of power. One thing I did notice on the site regarding the ST though...[/

Buy the latest issue, review in teh back.. The Nurberg test won't utilise the full straight, it'll be a normal road test, i.e bridge to brigde.... Fact is the Focus done it marginally quicker than the Zarifa did, and it has 1 extra cylinder, 500cc more, and an engine from another car.... Ho hum...

quote:
Autocar

This is an option thanks to the ST’s linear power delivery: if this was a VXR, we’d be disappearing in a cloud of uncontrollable wheelspin about now.

Yeah, but the VXR has TCS, and go look at my Youtube site, no wheelspin at all, not once on my track day in our Astra VXR......... Fact is, the ST is slower than the VXR in every way. Have you ever driven an ST yet?? The ST leaves your feeling empty and bored. The astra leaves you smiling and wanting more. End of.

quote:

We'll just ignore the fact that Volvo are owned by Ford, anyway. That and the T5 engine was developed with Ford Motors money.[/

And fitted to Volvos for how long now? Only now are they realising they are falling behined. But as I say, you carry on defendeing the 5 cylinder 500cc extra cc engine thats still slower than the astra.... EDIT, in standard format to keep your pants on.....

Also, and you dare to critise GM for sharing a platform with Fiat

I guess the BTCC cars arn't modified versions of the road cars. I guess motorsport has nothing to do with cars developments? I guess no technology has derived from the track to the road?

Next....

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by VXR]
Robin
Premium Member

4th Jan 07 at 16:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Homologation apparently means nothing Daimo.
Daimo B

4th Jan 07 at 16:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guess not fella, guess not.........
Daimo B

4th Jan 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I can't find anything on the site about this? Care to explain? Also, I hate people who suggest a 13 mile track is a race track. It's not! It has a massive straight that shows up the slightest lack of power. One thing I did notice on the site regarding the ST though...

And 1 more thing before i leave??

You hate people who consider the worlds longest race track, a track thats been around for decades, has had some of the most famous race drivers to race round it, what many manufactures consider to be such a good track that they base their handling and testing on it.

Aye, a race track shouldn't be considered as a race track should it.

Damn those pesky 24 hour races they still do on it.. Damn those pesky Germans....

Whats next? Silverstone is actually an off road 4x4 track? Brands hatch is actually an Airstrip? Santa Pod is for cars that can corner?

Its a 2 mile straight, of which only about a mile is used either side (cannot be sure, i'll let you know when i've been)......

And Power is nothing without control. If the Focus was better, it would make up what it lost on the 100 odd corners on the track...... It also wouldn't be nearly 30 seconds slower........

I guess this all means you practically hate every motor racing driver, and every real car enthusiast, and a lot of bikers... Those poor soles..

Mind you, they could always sell up and choose either the worlds best small handling car, or the worlds best hot hatch, or the worlds best handling family car instead.. Far more fun and informative...

[Edited on 04-01-2007 by VXR]
Ditch

5th Jan 07 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

FPMSLF

I only mentioned the mondeo was a bit dull and look what it started!!
mk4_astra

5th Jan 07 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

christ that top gear episode where clarkson drives like an idiot round the corners in the astra vxr must have fooled alot of people

i read in top gear magazine while in the dentist that they road tested a remapped astra vxr(280bhp) and it did 0-60 in 5.7 which is impressive for a modern fwd car and shows it can put its power down well.

they also commented on its handling being quite good ansd that it was an overall nice car
Ojc

5th Jan 07 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clarksons hate for anything decent from Vauxhall is quite obvious because Top Gear magazine actually love the Astra VXR, he is just a ignorant twat.

If he had drive the Golf & Megane the same way he had driven the VXR they would have been exactly the same, dickhead.
mk4_astra

5th Jan 07 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and to the original poster the mondeo st200 is a very good car for the money. i would compare it to the vectra b gsi but being slighty better in every way. off the lights it should be able to 'keep up' with a standard xe corsa and have the lead at higher speeds.

for a v6 you have to push it abit to get the most out of it due to the duratec system (ask jr what this is) but its a very good engine.

the only car in the st200's catagory which i would prefer would be the accord type r as its faster and abit of an unknown weapon. however you dont get the leather recaros and lazy driving with the type r
Ditch

5th Jan 07 at 11:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mk4_astra
for a v6 you have to push it abit to get the most out of it due to the duratec system (ask jr what this is) but its a very good engine.

whats the Duratec system?
mk4_astra

5th Jan 07 at 11:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ditch
quote:

whats the Duratec system?

its something like the engine only uses 12 valves or 4 cylinders until you rev it to 4k . i think its to try and improve mpg at lower revs
SetH

5th Jan 07 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Theres a white one on pistonheads, looks nice in that colour.
Tom

5th Jan 07 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
and to the original poster the mondeo st200 is a very good car for the money. i would compare it to the vectra b gsi but being slighty better in every way. off the lights it should be able to 'keep up' with a standard xe corsa and have the lead at higher speeds.

the only car in the st200's catagory which i would prefer would be the accord type r as its faster and abit of an unknown weapon. however you dont get the leather recaros and lazy driving with the type r

ATR is a MUCH better car than the st200 imo.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Ford Mondeo ST200.... 23 database queries in 0.0126140 seconds