corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds)

New Poll
  <<  2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds)
corsa_gsi_16v

User status: Offline
17th Apr 07 at 15:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

love them wheels!!
J4M13

17th Apr 07 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
are u using a good multi speed machine polisher and a good G-MOP head?

also what compound are you using?

yeah i think so, the machine polisher has quite a good range in speeds and just bought a brand new g-mop, think its advanced one(with the yellow bottom half), just using G3 compound as thats all my mate has got, he uses that to buff all the cars in his bodyshop.
he is going over it all with a finer mop after iv finished it all aswell to correct and perfect.
its not the bext of quality paintwork wise, but we will see how it turns out after hes finished.
i am hopefully paying for it proffesionally detailing before pvs, do you do it as a job or hobbie as i know your into it graeme and form pics it looks like you do a cracking job
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Apr 07 at 16:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i am a painter by trade!
Yeah G-MOP heads are the best IMO and G3 is good stuff, if u say that paintwork isnt gd in the first place its gona be hard to get it looking gd after but im sure it will look alot better!

did u wet flat it and what with out of curiosity? also did u use a block or just go at it by hand?
J4M13

17th Apr 07 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the paintwork is good but after i buffed it you you could see all the scratch type marks in the paint, which i think are from flatting it.
yeah i wet flatted it with 1500, i did nearly all of it by hand, didnt bother with a block. when it was sprayed it came out very very orange peely, so it took quite abit of graft to flat it but im nearly their now.
I think i should have gone over it all with 2000 paper but i dont have the time now, when i get it detailed ill see if the scratch type marks will come out.
i wouldnt mind doing professional detail as a hobbie but dont know where to start really.
cash_2_my_corsa

18th Apr 07 at 18:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice work m8 + love the wheels
J4M13

25th Apr 07 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - 25/04/07 - Smoothly does it!

got bored today so decided i had to make a start on sorting the front bumper where some badger has hit it. went out to the car and thought, ah f*ck it ill smooth out the swage line while im at it.
might look crap, might not, we will see.

(Bare in mind this is my first attempt)
firstly had to find a bumper that is made with the same plastic as mine, so found an old scrap one, cut out little strips of the plastic to use to fill/pack up the deep swage line, in situations like this it is better to plastic weld and then a thin skim of fibreglass instead of just wacking lots of fibreglass on(eventually it will crack and fall out, unlike plastic welding which will last for ages if not forever) but thats just my own opinion.

right let the pics start.
got a piece of the plastic i cut from the scrap bumper and lined it up in the swage line, next i made a hole at either end of the piece in the bumper, next you melt the piece of plastic into the holes you just made in the bumper with a soldering iron(cheap way to plastic weld)

just repeated what i had just done but all the way around the piece of plastic.

this is how it turned out, which is now solid and isnt comming off.
it is important to leave the plastic rough, so the fibreglass resin has something to grip.

as you can see with this pic, not much fibreglass is going to be needed as the majority of the swage line is now filled properly and is almost the shape of the bumper.

that took me about 20mins, ill continue tomorrow and hopefully get a skim of fibreglass on there.
J4M13

25th Apr 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and also, Track day wheels!
wacked them on whilst i put new tires on the speedy's, they are being re-furbished aswell.
picked these babies up for £100 wiht almost brand new tires on, perfect for track day wheels.

[Edited on 25-04-2007 by J4M13]
jamesvalver

25th Apr 07 at 23:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate. i didnt think it had been out of the booth long?
Ben G

25th Apr 07 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

makes you realise that wheels can make or break the styling of a car
J4M13

26th Apr 07 at 08:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, it hasnt james, came out the booth at christmas, iv been flatting it now and then ready for buffing but just after it was re-sprayed and perfect, the lad who sprayed it reversed into it with a landrover in the rear quarter, then somebody dorve inot the front corner of the bumper so that needs re-spraying, whilst im bored and jobless for the time being im smoothing the bumper before my mate sprays it up again lol.
J4M13

16th May 07 at 00:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - 15/05/07

better update this thing before i forget about it

right, not much progress to post about at the moment but hopefully will have the car somewhere near finished just intime for PVS, that will be a mission in its self, wish me luck!

im still on with flatting the paintwork, not had much time lately(i cant be arsed really:lol but i lost my job a few weeks ago so got all the time in the world to get on with what i can.
firstly i have been getting on with the front bumper, wish i hadnt started now, got a layer of fibreglass on there ready to be sanded and then apply filler that should be done hopefully next week ready for spraying.

then this happened last week
snapped hub whilst i was driving home, good news is the part is being replaced for free, should be here tomorrow and hopefully fitted tomorrow, then ill be able to get to my mates bodyshop to finish the corsa!

Whilst the car is off the road i decided to start tidying up little things that make a difference. went and purchased some hammerite and a brush and got painting away. painted the calipers smooth silver and the drums smooth black, also cleaned under all my arches.

horrible n rusty

nice and new(ish)

nice clean arch's and painted drums.

then finally, picked this up last night to replace my front wing where i had been driven into, saves repairing old wing costing more time before PVS.
thanks to Adam_B , handed over 40notes and came home with this little beauty

that will get prepped tomorrow for spraying ready to be sprayed when my mate re-pairs and sprays the rear quarter and bumper.

Fingers crossed i shall make the deadline to PVS!
Butler

16th May 07 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any pics of those calipers fitted?
J4M13

16th May 07 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

will have them fitted today opefully when my new hub arrives.
corsaaa_16v

16th May 07 at 12:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate!! get that paint sorted tho!!

are they just standard brakes mate or upgraded??

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
J4M13

16th May 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gte calipers and disks 256mm

Bad news Today, my mate who does my bodywork/paint has decided not to set-up his electricity in his new unit and cant spray it, so basically im F*CKED! im well p*ssed off, doubt it will be ready for pvs now or even finished at all now

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by J4M13]
Corsa_1800_SRi

16th May 07 at 14:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good
corsaaa_16v

16th May 07 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use another bodyshop mate??

i know a lad at paintmaster who would be more than happy to do it for a good price (as i could get it at trade for ya )

he does all the work for bmw, audi and volkswagen

pm me if ya want

[Edited on 16-05-2007 by corsaaa_16v]
J4M13

18th May 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

another bodyshop isnt an option, i simply dont have any money at all now, lost ym job a few weeks ago and cant find work anywhere, looks like im not going PVS now

im completeing the bodywork as much as far as i can go, all that will be left to do is painting, will be primed then im stuck.
J4M13

23rd May 07 at 13:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - 23/05/07

New hub arrived last week and got it fitted and everythings fine now

Good news for the corsa this week!
Its getting sprayed up next week! Got hold of a lad i know who is a sprayer by trade, and hes going to spray the rear quarter,bumper and wing for £100.

So with that news i have to get the stuff ready for spraying.
Finished the rear quarter this week and got it primed and rubbed down ready for the spray gun.

All masked upready for primer

Primed waiting to dry

Dry and unmasked ready for rubbing down

continued work on the front bumper this week also, got a couple skims of filler on and sanded down somewhere near now, should have it done and primed this week hopefully.

couple pics

and a pic of the brakes back together behind the wheels, looks much tidier.

Ben G

23rd May 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice mate, when you gonna buff the paintwork up won't it not come up right after being flat for so long?

front the front it looks so evil lol would definitely move out the way if i saw that coming
J4M13

23rd May 07 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers.

the paintwork should buff up fine, i already tested a little with the bonnet the other month, came up quite well.

as soon as its sprayed next week im gonna flat the rest and then buff it asap.
J4M13

23rd Jun 07 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NOW FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see classifieds
Iain M

4th Jul 07 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You managed to paint this yet??

Guess what Jamie?

I'm coming back for another box put in

<<  2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds) 24 database queries in 0.1995120 seconds