corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds)

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds)
J4M13

User status: Offline
11th Feb 07 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - XE IS IN!!!!

Been up with graham at D.C.M.S all last week and this week helping out wherever i could with the conversion.

got the old puny power engine out on friday after stripping all pipework and wiring loom off it.

then fitted the mounts for the new engine
pic of the one of mounts fitted.

then got the m-tech quickshift fitted

then the big step, got the xe lifted up and bolted on the mounts

almost their now cant wait to start it up.
all the pipework is now done and all that is left is fit driveshafts and put wheels back on, then fit wiring loom on and plug it all in, should be finished early this week.

onyl problem we have come to is trying to get hold of an ecotec adaptor plate thing(the one instead of the mtech powercap), im currently trying desperatly to find one.

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by J4M13]
corsaaa_16v

12th Feb 07 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got it running yet mate??

looks mint!!
J4M13

12th Feb 07 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not yet pal, i should be able to drive it away on wednesday, all pipework/hubs/exhaust etc are done now, just wiring loom to connect up then a lad from vauxhall is comming to do the rest of the wiring on wednesday night.
chapcorsa

13th Feb 07 at 22:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres someone sellin the ecotec pipe adaptor plates on ebay mate, failing that try a post on migweb, someone will find or have one, fancy swappin your white wheels for my gunmetal ones??
J4M13

13th Feb 07 at 23:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got a powercap now, its a copy of the m-tech one but says Friedrich motorsport on it instead.
no thanks, i like my white speedy's, they were originally yours pal, not remember?
J4M13

14th Feb 07 at 00:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

UPDATE - 13/02/07 - Powercap/wiring loom fitted etc

Managed to find a powercap on sunday form a lad on here, roughly 3 and half hours later and i was back home with my newly aquired powercap
Its exaclt the same as the m-tech one but says 'Friedrich motorsport' on it, anyone shed any light on it at all?

quick pic of it sitting outside minus a powercap and wiring loom

went back up on tuesday afternoon and graham had the powercap fitted(took alot of hacking away at the bulkhead to make it fit) and the wiring loom all connected up, also fitted my chrome heat sheild whilst i was their, even though graham and laurence are adament it will break and crack within 10minutes of driving

my gauges and pod also arrived from 'L30 SCT' today.

Just waiting for the lad to come and wire whats needed and we can start her up finally! cant wait to drive it for the 1st time, which is now very near!
hopefully my next post will be news of the xe running!

[Edited on 14-02-2007 by J4M13]
J200RSA

14th Feb 07 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks good that mate, such a big improvement since you 1st got it , nice 1 btw the heat shield will be fine, ive had one on mine for 5months now and had no problem with it
corsaaa_16v

14th Feb 07 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get some pics of it all completed up tonight mate!! if i were you, id go home, give it a massive clean, inside, outisde, engine bay, etc, go out and get some proper photos, then go on a long drive, and feel the power of the XE, lol

great work mate, any idea on what bhp it will be running??
J4M13

14th Feb 07 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont know when i will have the car back yet, its all finished, just waiting for the lad to come and wire in whats needed, dont know when he wants to come though, untill then i cant get any proper pics.
xe's are usually around 150bhp arnt they?
im hoping to have throttle bodies and management this time next year so will be running alot more bhp

next week the corsa will be at the bodyshop once again, being repaired, full rear quarter has to be repaired of all dints etc and then sprayed once again. as it was reversed into
then iv got to flat and buff it by the end of the month so should be looking its best this time next month.
corsaaa_16v

14th Feb 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good stuff
Arctic_Monkey

19th Feb 07 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lookin sweet so far, any updates mate?
jamesvalver

19th Feb 07 at 23:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very nice progress mate. there will be a very big smile on your face the 1st time u drive it and u will prob also start laughin to yourself when you floor it lol
J4M13

20th Feb 07 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i really cant wait to drive it, it should definalty be this week.
had trouble with a couple of parts i was missing that were proving hard to find, managed to get hold of them and fitted them today.
Started it up for the first time today bit i only heard it over the phone
just tidying up left to do before i get it back and also, a pin has snapped somehow which means we cant get any gears, should be sorted tomorrow though fingers crossed
J4M13

26th Mar 07 at 00:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think its time i updated this thread

Been too busy recently since getting the corsa back on the road, been having toooo much fun! what can i say, i love XE power! still makes me smile when i drive it everyday!

just a few little aditions have been made since the xe went in.

firstly, got round to fitting those gauges(oil temp & oil pressure), realised i hadnt been sent the plate to affix the pod to the centre console so had to bodge one up.

fitted all nice and snug under the centre console where the ashtray used to be.

still have to wire the sensors up for them at the moment but got them all lit up.

Next up, I accidentally bidded on this on ebay, i bidded so low that it was inevitable that someone would outbid me on this but my luck they didnt so i had to cough up for it
got it for a bargain price of £48 brand new!

nice and shiny!

got it fitted, ended up having to use and air gun to bolt it onto the struts, couldnt get the nut tightened up without the shocker spinning otherwise.
also note the wheel well sprayed satin black, i was bored one day and wanted to test out what it was like before i do the whole rear.

i could now string george back up properly, instead of him swiging around like a saggy ball sak!

also purchased some new sabelt harnesses off a lad on here for £40, another bargain! the black sparco ones were borrowed so thought it was time i bought my own they add abit of colour to the interior quite nicely too.

next up, i think most of you will be happy about.
I aquired a set of standard rear lights to replace the d.i.y smoked ones i had, i think it looks much nicer for now untill mhw's get fitted at soem point.

and this is how the paintwork currently looks(a mess i know)
i am halfway through flatting it ready to be buffed to the perfect shine, i only have a few hours a week to flat it so it taking time.

Had the corsa on the Rollers last week too, just to check if its healthy enough and try and find out why it is having small flat spots through the revs.
the rolling road was MiniSport in padiham.

the graph printout(if you can see it) lol
notice where the 2 flat spots are.
]

it came out with
157.5bhp
129.0bhp at the wheels
138 lbf-ft of torque

i am very happy with this and the operator was very happy also, other than the flat spots which he thinks could be the fueling it is running superbly.

spent half hour at the weekend giving the enging bay a quick clean and spraying up some little bits to tidy it up a little, colour coded the oil cap and spayed the header tank cap satin black. still got a bit to give a good clean but looks cleaner for now.

thats that for now, im skint for a good few weeks at the moment so will just be getting on with flatting the rest of the paintwork and hopefully get it buffed then thats the bodywork sorted and can concentrate on the interior rear and other little things to get it upto a good enough standard for PVS!
J4M13

26th Mar 07 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple of pics form before i started flatting the paintwork just to refresh your memory's

Novaneil

26th Mar 07 at 08:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks fantastic mate!!! How does she drive?

Seems a little down on Torque mind, but healthy power output

Neil
J4M13

26th Mar 07 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drives very well, or atleast i think it does
yeah the torque is abit on the low side but oh well, im happy with it for now, then on the quest for more power!
Corsa_Carl

27th Mar 07 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

really like this car, black speedlines would be better imo tho

i like george haha
J4M13

27th Mar 07 at 16:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers fella, they would look tiny painted black, iv already done black so wanted a change
J4M13

16th Apr 07 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Little update on the shed

Matt black anyone?

i have my mate to thank for the rear quarter, cheers! (and for half fixing it aswell for now lol.)

basically, been flatting it every now and then since xmas haha, i really should have finished it and had it buffed by now but i am very unmotivated, and the fact that im not having much look with it what with 2 people driving into it and it having to be re repaired lol.
anyways, almost finished flatting it now ready for buffing, just got both bumpers to do and half a door, then await rob to finish and re-paint the rear quarter then thats it, im not laying another finger on it bodywork wise!
corsaaa_16v

17th Apr 07 at 08:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for god sake, take a day off work sick and finish flatting and buffing, lol!!

will look sweeet if it ever gets done!!
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Apr 07 at 10:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that will be an arse to polish back up if you have left it for a long time flat, just get out there and spend a good few hours doing it and it will be worth it in the end!
J4M13

17th Apr 07 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv just lost my job on friday so i might have to take the corsa off the road if i dont have a new one in 3 weeks

hopefully this week it will be fully flatted and buffed and possibly re-paired and painted.
I gave the bonnet a quick buff today to get an idea and look at how the paint is going to come out, its okish but not as good as i want it, but then again it was my 1st time buffing ever today lol im happy to see it shiny again. ill get pics up in a min.
J4M13

17th Apr 07 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

couple pics of it after a quick buff, needs re buffing and doing with a finer buffing head to get all the buffing marks out.

[Edited on 17-04-2007 by J4M13]
Graeme
Premium Member

17th Apr 07 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are u using a good multi speed machine polisher and a good G-MOP head?

also what compound are you using?

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Project Black on Track! NOW FOR SALEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!(see classifieds) 23 database queries in 0.0188701 seconds