corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » wheel bearing?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author wheel bearing?
JayT

User status: Offline
21st Nov 06 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just taken my car to my local garage to find out whether my bearings had gone on one of my rear wheels because iv had a whining/droning kind of sound while driving for a a few weeks now! anyway i left the car with them and returned around an hour later and they said that 3 different mechanics went out in it at different times and all said it was the passenger side rear wheel bearing that had gone but there was no play in the wheels at all which i cant undersatnd! they have said il need a new bearing, the quote they have gave me comes to around £70 with parts and labour charges excluding VAT, now im not sure whether thats a rip off or not but im convinced that that is fair steep to be honest!
sorry about the essay but what do you guys think and how much should i be paying?
lee mitchell

21st Nov 06 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£40- 50
uppy

21st Nov 06 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if its the back one jack it up and spin the wheel you will hear it that wont work on the front just because its noisey doesnt mean you will have play in it
mattievRS

21st Nov 06 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Do as uppy said and if you can identify the bearing thats knackered then d.i.y mate.Its easy enough!
JayT

21st Nov 06 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i aren't very good on cars though and want someone that knows what they are doing to do it ideally!
AuroraSport

21st Nov 06 at 18:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously dude

buy a haynes manual and some tools and just do it. its a great feeling knowing you've done it yourself

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by AuroraSport]
uppy

21st Nov 06 at 21:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if your not confident then dont do it... you dont want to be driving down the motor way and have your wheel over take you

New Poll