corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » FFS my cooker

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author FFS my cooker
Jules S
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Nov 06 at 21:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My cooker life expired last week....I thought 'sod it' and went off to currys to buy a new one.

They had a nice Indesit oven/hob package on offer, so i parted with £330 of my hard earnt...on the basis I would pick it up on the 9th (when i had a car big enough to fit it in :rolleyes

I turned up on the 9th only to find they had sold the oven

Fair enough, kept my cool and accepted free delivery even if it meant taking a day off. Got it yesterday, and just started to fit it.....here's the story since:-

It's funny really. There was no damage whatsoever to the package when delivered.

It came the right way up with the hob box ontop of the oven in a seperate box but all wrapped in the same plastic.

I took the hob box out (no damage) un wrapped it and fitted the hob....the hob works perfectly.

I then unwrapped the oven and immmediately noticed a big dent in the top left hand rear corner. None of the polystyrene buffers were dented or damaged. I can only imagine the oven must have been damaged prior to it being packaged. If the oven had been damaged in transit the ceramic hob would be in a million pieces, as it was directly over where the oven has been damaged.

Weird.

Suffice to say I stopped unwrapping the thing immediately.

You can even see a wooden spar directly over the damage that isn't touched:-

its well 'stoved' in though lol

What a pain in the arse though, I REALLY can't afford anymore time off

[Edited on 14-11-2006 by Jules S]
mav

14th Nov 06 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats a strange...As you said must have been damaged prior to packing???

You been on the phone to them?
Jules S
Premium Member

14th Nov 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mav
Thats a strange...As you said must have been damaged prior to packing???

You been on the phone to them?

Too late in the day mate....first thing in the morning though

Shame....the hob looks great. Just need a chippie to fit new worktops and fit a new sink

Ally

15th Nov 06 at 08:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats abit shit Jules

Come to think of it, my mum bought my cooker, fridge and washing machine on the same day. I had a telephone call the following week to tell me that they had sold me a washing machine they didnt have! So i had the next one up (extra £10, which they knocked off)

that was currys 2!
Jules S
Premium Member

22nd Nov 06 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The saga continues...

Numerous calls/visits etc and Ive finally managed to get the relevant info to them for a replacement

Just had the CS manager on the fone:-

'We can't replace it because you didn't inform us of the damage within 48 hours'

Me: Yes I did

CS: Would you accept some compensation and keep the damaged one?

me: GTF

CS: Ok, I'll call you back.

Im not holding my breath, I may pay them a visit later
N90ATH

22nd Nov 06 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol they are tryin to fob ya off there mate, i work for currys :O but in the warehouse and i must say i find it funny some of the stuff staff come out with lol
Jamie Walby

23rd Nov 06 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered my TV through Currys and although not damaged I did have problems with them. I wont be using them again in a hurry. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired tbh.

I hope you get it sorted Jules.
Jules S
Premium Member

23rd Nov 06 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Honestly,

Me and the missus spent a fair amount of time on the fone to the central office customer care dept yesterday...

fcuking useless.

It seems I should get a replacment on saturday

Seriously, i'm never buying anything from them again
Jamie Walby

23rd Nov 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They are trully awful. I ordered a TV off their website. Got the confirmation email saying delivery will be 5 working days. 3 days after I order I get a receipt through the post and a ltter saying I will be contacted tomorrow (the day before delivery) to arrange a 4 hour delivery slot.

2 days go, no phone call, no TV. But im £660 poorer (I paid on debit card)

I call them to see what the hold up is. I get told they have no TVs in stock After a bit of ranting and raving I get no where. Apart from being told ill receive my TV in 2 weeks, 3 weeks after I ordered!

I called back the next day armed with a bit of legal jargon. Amazingly the TV was now back in stock and it arrived 2 days later

New Poll