corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Oil Pressure on my XE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Oil Pressure on my XE
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

User status: Offline
   2nd Nov 06 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wired up the oil pressure today to the standard oil pressure sender on the back of the engine!. now when i run the car it goes to 7 bar but when warms up it comes down to 3 bar. When revving the engine it goes up to 7 bar again. Sound Normal!?
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

2nd Nov 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes as oil pressure increases with revs
CorsaGSI_DK

2nd Nov 06 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Quite normal.

When my engine is cold it's around 5-6 bar (both high rev. and idle). When it gets warm it's still 5-6 bar at high revs. but drops down to app. 2 bar at idle.
p16vlv

2nd Nov 06 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mines 60 psi when cold then about 50 when warm , can drop to 40 psi when hammering it. but thats a let.
RobHayes

2nd Nov 06 at 23:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pressure also decreases as the oil gets hotter and thinner, hence the 7bad when cold but 3 bar when warm
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 00:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my guage is showing 7 when cold then on constant power above 2k it stays at 7 baron idle it has been down to 4 bar does that sound fine?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 07:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I get 4bar cold idle, 2bar warm idle. and its all over the place when I'm gunning it.

I have placed an aftermarket oil pressure sending in there back of the block (just next to the oil filter).
Stoneyginger
Premium Member

3rd Nov 06 at 16:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hmmmm might fit the aftermarket one to the car instead of using the standard one on the car! maybe not getting a correct reading

New Poll