corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » road tax problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author road tax problem
Ste
Premium Member

User status: Offline
1st Nov 06 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

went to the post office today with my gf to tax her car (corsa c 1.3cdti). As she is in uni, she chose this car as it was advertised as being in tax band b, which is £50 per year. when we got to the post office we were told it fell into band C as the v5 states the co2/km as 122, when vauxhall advertise the car as 119 which falls under the 121 limit of band b. anyone know how we go about challenging this as there is no way we are giving the government an extra £60!!!!

cheers

ste

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
AuroraSport

1st Nov 06 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try checking here, might be an error somewhere Emissions

it seems that the 'ECO' variants fall under band B

[Edited on 01-11-2006 by AuroraSport]
eel

1st Nov 06 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

y do u think its £50 4 my 1.0 is £110 a year ok
topshot_2k
Banned

1st Nov 06 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ still not learnt fluent english then
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Nov 06 at 00:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because vauxhall advertise it as 119g/km so it should fall into tax band b (£50) but V5 says it is 122g/km which is in band c (£100).

after a chat with vauxhall customer services and the dvla, i am now going to forward a letter from vauxhall with their figures along with the V5 and the dvla will ammend the V5 and we will be able to tax the car in band b and get a refund on the band c tax disk we had to buy this afternoon. so i sugest to everyone with a 1.3 cdti to check this and if you find you are in the same boat, then get on the phone, 10 mins on hold will earn you £60!!!!
ste

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
2nd Nov 06 at 01:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great thread, hope you can sort this out.

Where are you getting the list of bands?
deano87

2nd Nov 06 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it me or is £100 (Band C) - £50 (Band B) = £50 and not £60?
Ste
Premium Member

2nd Nov 06 at 23:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my bad, band c is £110, therefore you do save £60

New Poll