corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » aircon

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author aircon
gasman dan

User status: Offline
10th Sep 06 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

right, my aircon has been making a proper annoying rattling noise when disengaged for about 2 months now. as i understand its due to debris in the clutch mechanism that connects/disconnects it from the timing belt. im startin to get abit paranoid now that the pump may sieze and throw the belt, so ive found somewhere i can keep the car off the road for a while to try n sort it. basically i didnt know what else would be affected by removing the aircon system (guess id need a new timing belt at least), or if anybody else has managed to sort this problem without bein bled dry by vauxhall? any help or info appreciated as im sick of drivin me van about everywhere, i want my car back cheers guys
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

10th Sep 06 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its not connected to the timing belt.

Its run off the auxilliary belt, the same one as the power steering and the alternator. If you want an aircon pump I have one here.
Dave A

10th Sep 06 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and removing the aircon is easy, you juet need a new drivers side engine mount and tensioner from a non aircon model and a new belt. Ive just done one this weekend.
flash22

10th Sep 06 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clutch is bult into the pully on the end of the compressor theres no need to drain/remove the air con system

its a 1-2 hour job to change the pully over the clutch from vx arnt cheap tho
gasman dan

10th Sep 06 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mite sound abit dumb but would i have to change anything with the radiator? as mine is different to my mates sport without aircon. would like to keep my aircon for the minute as i dont plan on strippin my car or anythin, if a new pump would stop that noise im well intrested dave, u2u me details cheers for the quick response lads
Dave A

10th Sep 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes you can keep the aircon rad.

u2u sent about the compressor
gasman dan

10th Sep 06 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just been readin some other posts, reckon it may be an idea to get rid of the aircon for when i get my manifolds. im not sure wether its possibe to keep it or not. anyone help?
gasman dan

12th Sep 06 at 18:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ttt
Robin
Premium Member

12th Sep 06 at 18:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had aircon with a 4 branch manifold and a lexmaul inlet on a 1.4, so it works.

if you do remove it, make sure its de-gassed first, or it WILL hurt.
gasman dan

12th Sep 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by robmarriott
i had aircon with a 4 branch manifold and a lexmaul inlet on a 1.4, so it works.

if you do remove it, make sure its de-gassed first, or it WILL hurt.

did you fit it yourself(the manifold) i know all about refrigerant trust me, its more the mechanics of the car i dunno so much about. thinkin of declarin the car SORN when the tax runs out, stickin it in me uncles lock up then either repairin/ removin the air con, fittin both manifolds an me exhaust system over the winter. if anyones got any advise about the manifolds or air con id be glad to hear em cheers dan
Robin
Premium Member

12th Sep 06 at 18:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i fitted the manifold.

it was a Janspeed one (which incidentally, i still have, and could do with selling)

the exhaust manifold has nothing to do with the aircon anyway

New Poll