corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting 1 piece rear seat

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting 1 piece rear seat
scottc1088

User status: Offline
7th Sep 06 at 21:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv jsut got my gsi interior and fitted the front seats but the rears are different, my old ones are split fold but the new one is in 1 piece.
whats the best way to get around this?
cheers
willhouse

8th Sep 06 at 08:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the sponge and material off the gsi seats. it all unclips properly so keep the scissors well out of the way. then mount it on the the single metal back piece off your original seat, will take a bit of stretching in areas so you might need help but it definitely works and just looks like a split seat in the end.
AK

8th Sep 06 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

er....

single bench seat GSI fabric to fit a split bench..... how on earch does the fabric manage that?

Are you saying take fabric off, and join 'split seats' to put fabric over

Why not just fit the single rear GSI bench to the corsa.... not bothering to retrim etc

whip out the brackets you dont need, and should be tickety boo with the side seat mounts in the back.
willhouse

8th Sep 06 at 11:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

read too quickly then, thought was converting from a single seat to a split.

you cant remove the brackets and fit the seat as simple as that beacuse brackets on the split are completely different to ones that fold. not sure of a solution then but the above is how you put a sport interior on to a non split back seat, sorry for confusion
scottc1088

8th Sep 06 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

would the gsi material fit over my split fold seats then i could just fold them together
willhouse

8th Sep 06 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

possibly, its worth a try, you should as i say be able to unclip all the material and it comes off, its all easy to take apart and put back together,

you may need to cut a bit in to the back of the bottom of the gsi seat to go round the middle bracket on your folding seats
Robin
Premium Member

8th Sep 06 at 16:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the 1 piece rear seat WILL fit with the outer brackets from the split one. just unbolt the middle bracket, and bin it, then bolt the split rear side brackets to the 1 piece bench, and its sorted.
scottc1088

8th Sep 06 at 18:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a proper look in the daylight as i was doing it in the dark last night.
thanks for the help but now i can see what im doing iv got them in.

for anyone else doing this just remove all brackets still on car thne they just slide into the brackets that are already on the car no problem, however you will need the locking brackets from the car you got the seat from as there different

New Poll