corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » rev counter clocks

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author rev counter clocks
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Sep 06 at 18:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can any one give me some info about swapping the clocks on a corsa b.
right i have an M reg corsa 1.4ls if i wanted to put some clocks with a rev counter what model/year/spec corsa would i have to get the clocks from?

would clocks from a Corsa B SRi work? not sure on year of car tho

also what should i do about the mileage as they aint going to have same milage on the clocks as the car?

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
craig_brux

2nd Sep 06 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ther are two types of drive cable for them, electric and non, as long as its the right type it should be fine, just a straight swap if the speedo dials the same. And as for the milage u can clock it legally, if not u just gotta tell ppl in future bout the change!! take pics of the two clocks together for a bit of proof if u wanna
Planty02

2nd Sep 06 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I also have a 1.4 M reg Corsa LS and I currently have a set of SRI clocks in mine. They are cable driven (older type). This type came in all pre-97 corsa's (sri's and GSI's)

If you want to check which type you have, take the clocks out (using haynes guide etc). If they are electronic, they will just have the plug at the bottom of the clocks. If they are cable driven, they will have the plug AND a thick cable goin into them behind the speedo Although im fairly sure yours will be cable driven as mine were.

My M reg LS already had the wiring in place for a rev counter so i just plugged in and away, but it might be worth plugging in the plug (at the bottom, dont worry about the cable for now) and just starting the engine to make sure the revs register (should be around 1000) before you screw everything back in
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

3rd Sep 06 at 12:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok thanks guys some great info there :Thumbs: much appreciated

bass_junkies: (dodgy subject i know) how would i go about legally clocking?

planty02: yeah ok cheers bud, i had a feeling my clocks were cable, cheers for the info

[Edited on 03-09-2006 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events

New Poll