corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Quick question - How much roughly for painting 4 18" alloys?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Quick question - How much roughly for painting 4 18" alloys?
_Allan_

User status: Offline
25th Aug 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rough price per wheel or all 4 18" wheels, done in Anthracite?

Also once all painted nicely and I want to have 4 new tyres fitted.
How carefully can they fitted by the local tyre monkey?.

I've had standard wheels scratched on the machine that puts the sidewall into the rim.

Does any place/franchise offer a kind of guarantee they won't be marked? or is this impossible.

Ta

craig8
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 22:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

most places who refurb wheels will fit the tyres for a little extra, at least if they scratch it they can fix it again

E36 328
Robin
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you take them to a little independant tyre fitters, not a kwikfit type, they'll be as careful as you ask them to.

NO wheels should ever be scratched from fitting tyres, unless the paint is fresh (and i mean REALLY fresh)
_Allan_

25th Aug 06 at 22:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info. Anyone any ideas on a rough cost?.
craig8
Premium Member

25th Aug 06 at 23:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

www.yell.com

pricess vary ALOT from place to place, one place quoted me £40 per wheel, i got mines at £25 and they were only away two days

E36 328
mav

25th Aug 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4 wheels refurbed you are looking at about £150 if no bad dents etc...

no where should damage your wheels and yes they should guarentee that
FlamingCorsa

25th Aug 06 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi there, wot kind of condition are the wheels in i can paint them up for u! done about 8-10 sets now! got a really nice colour for them also, volvo titanium grey, its a pearl colour so looks stunning in the sun!

u wont have a prob with getting tires fitted after unless the tire fitters are useless!!!!! i never had a prob with wheels i have done!

i wud charge about £100, u only live about an hour from me also, wud take me about 4days max if i get it a a quiet time!
iaz
_Allan_

25th Aug 06 at 23:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iaz the wheels would be brand new ones.

that seems a good price and I'll defo keep you in mind once I decide to get a new car.

Just planning ahead for rough cost on parts and mods on a new car that I would want before selling up the Corsa.

New Poll