corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa C20LET Cooling problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa C20LET Cooling problems
Rich_J_Williams

User status: Offline
21st Aug 06 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just had my c20let too bits and almost completely rebuilt, and now that its back on the road, i am having problems with the engine temps, on the way to work its getting up and slightly over the 100deg! and this is with the fan on all the time as i have a manual switch!

Will taking out the inner wings help as i see other people have have done this?

i have a really big intercooler and it's obviously right in the way of the radiator, will this be the cause of my problems?

really dont want to damage the engine, so any solutions will be a great help!

cheers

rich

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

21st Aug 06 at 09:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i believe the rad is cooled down mainly by airflow into the bay. You could put another fan onto the rad if you have room. Could also run a cool running thermostat but that wont exactly cool down the engnie any better.. just do it quicker.
carnoisseurcraig

21st Aug 06 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know its a silly question but have you checked all the hoses, are they on the correct way, they aint kinked and make sure that youe getting a decent flow of water to the radiator... Is you rad blocked in anyway shape or form.... check hot and cool spots on it. double check you dont have a dodgey thermostat...

take it out, tie a bit of string on the end of it.. put it in a pan of water and heat it up.. have a thermometer to hand and check the temp that it opens at....
SportBoy

21st Aug 06 at 19:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has done a similar thing but not quite as bad since i fitted my new intercooler and front bumper . ive also got a manual switch for my fan and when the weather is stinking hot its on nearly all the time to keep the temp down to about 90. ide thought about putting a couple of small bonnet vents in to see if it would help cool as i dont have any or raise the back of the bonnet up .... inner wheel arches out?? just have to get more air through the rad

New Poll