corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help! What to do next?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Help! What to do next?
Viperboy

User status: Offline
30th Jan 06 at 11:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, ive got a corsa with a c20xe, but i want more power!

Its either another c20xe fully rebuilt and rebor'd, with cams, tb's and p&p head!

OR

A standard c20let. I cant make my mind up. I think itll be pretty close on speed 'cos of doing so much to the c20xe and you dont have the turbo lag. But the c20let well its a turbo!

What do people think?
broster
Premium Member

30th Jan 06 at 13:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

me, id go for throttle bodies, just for the noise.
mwg

30th Jan 06 at 13:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A rebuilt C20LET with some uprated parts would be my choice with Phase 1 or 2 software.

C20XE on TBs would be nice but you cant beat the performance of a C20LET
Viperboy

30th Jan 06 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers lads!
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

30th Jan 06 at 23:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id have a tb'd xe over a c20let any day. nice smooth progressive power and far more reliable. cheaper to run and maintain as well.
ed

31st Jan 06 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A LET will be just as reliable as a tuned XE. People just seem to have this obssesion with putting buggered 15 year old engnies in thier car.

What I would do is if you are thinking about a turbocharged engine with lots of power... Build a 2.0 turbo engine out of what you already have with new and uprated parts...
Wrighty

31st Jan 06 at 00:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
A LET will be just as reliable as a tuned XE. People just seem to have this obssesion with putting buggered 15 year old engnies in thier car.

hit the nail on the head there mate

you cant do this and not expect problems
Dave A
USER UNDER INVESTIGATION - DO NOT TRADE

31st Jan 06 at 00:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
A LET will be just as reliable as a tuned XE.

I dont agree personally.

Throttle bodies are by far the most simple engine set-up possible. you also run them with fully mappable management and very little in the way of electronic rubbish, so if any problems do occur its very easy to find the problem and fix it. remember, c20let ecu and electronics are ancient now, new engine management is far more advanced.

less to go wrong = more reliable.

Ive lost count of people with c20let's that have had problems with missfires, low/ high idle, hesitation, boost problems, temp problems....... and no matter how long you search for the problem it never seems to go away until another probliem arrives.

Just my opinion.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Help! What to do next? 22 database queries in 0.0126450 seconds