corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C20XE ALTERNATOR PROBLEM

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C20XE ALTERNATOR PROBLEM
STEPHEN1921

User status: Offline
19th Aug 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all just after a bit of advice. Im in the middle of putting throttle bodies on my C20XE in my corsa and the alternator is fouling the bottom of the bodies. Has anyone had this problem before and which alternator was used to overcome this problem. Cheers Ste.
CorsAsh

19th Aug 06 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think Broster had similar trouble when fitting the TBs to his 1.6, got around it by getting a slimmer alternator IIRC.

Mightbe worth u2uing him and asking for details.
scottc1088

19th Aug 06 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not sure with this but with 8v engines you need a alternator lowering bracked, are these the same?
broster
Premium Member

19th Aug 06 at 17:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can fit an alternator lowering brakcet but you need an 8v alternator for it, and that means changine bottom pulley etc....

i got a small race alternator from sbd. works a treat

New Poll