corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fan switch?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fan switch?
moka

User status: Offline
7th Aug 06 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how do you manually control when your fan kicks in? like can you have a switch on the dash or watever? or under the bonnet cud you have an on and off switch to kick in when you start the engine but still have it kick in when it needs to ? (preferrablly the dash idea)

any help or links etc???
thanks
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the fan switch is on the radiator (2 pin connector) you cut both of the wires and add a new wire on to each one and soilder back up+with heat shink. take the two wires to the dash and wire up to a on/off switch. Job done

The switch works by basily when the sensor gets up to temp it completes the circuit, to power the rad fan, go all your doing to maualy tuning the fan on, but still having the oridinal way too
moka

7th Aug 06 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get ya, right so where can i get one of these switches thou.... like to turn it on and off? annnd where wud i wire it thru to the dash? any particular area? sorry if thats an obvious question just wana make sure i do this bodge job rite
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any simple switch which is on+off only, just make sure you soilder the correctly good, else you could have no fan at all

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Good-quality-Metal-12V-On-Off-Toggle-Flick-switch-NEW_W0QQitemZ230012877400QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72218QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Savage-L-E-D-Toggle-Switch-Blue_W0QQitemZ300012471594QQihZ020QQcategoryZ72218QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2-X-Stainless-steel-push-button-switch-pushbutton_W0QQitemZ230014765381QQihZ013QQcategoryZ72218QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

think you get the idea, ebay search switch in car tuning
moka

7th Aug 06 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice quite an easy job then. just where abouts do i thread the wires thru into the dash? and does it seraiously matter about soldering i was just gna tape em but tape em reallly realllllly gd

thanks for the help so far!!
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well one thing you dont want is a wire to come unstuck then you will have no fan, i think there is grommet hole on the bulkhead both sides i think, feed it through there, i would recommend soildering, conectors can come apart and taping well up to you really
moka

7th Aug 06 at 20:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

and wud some simple speaker wire do the job? its wellll long enuff.
Warren G

7th Aug 06 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any wire really, well over 2mm think atleast, so speaker wire would do, you must no someone with a soildering iron
moka

7th Aug 06 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nah, tape... im probably gna regret it but its gna have ta do i like easy jobs and id have to make quite a trip to use a soldering iron.
moka

7th Aug 06 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

done works a treat!!! thanks warren g!!

New Poll