corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Sound System Question!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sound System Question!!!!
corsaevu

User status: Offline
2nd Aug 06 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Okay i have these:

JVC KD G311 Cd/Mp3 Tuner Headunit
Infinity 150W RMS 6x9s in shelf
Amp (to be bought)

I want to put an amp in my boot, prob attatch to the underside of the shelf; but i have a question;

Does my headunit have the right outputs to run to the amp (RCA or something???)
Also do i only need the amp and an amp wiring kit? to set this up?
cdcool1

2nd Aug 06 at 21:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be better to attach the amp to the boot floor or wall rather than the shelf. The shelf will rattle about and that isn't ideal. Plus the shelves aren't really designed for carrying weight, and since you're already mounting your 6x9's on it, it might be an idea to reconsider

Ok, on the back of your headunit you'll see a few sockets (i dont know the headunit so i dont know how many). There will (may) be 2 marked front, 2 marked rear and maybe 2 marked sub. Each pair will have one red and one white (left and right channels). You'll need a set of RCA leads about 4 or 5 meters long. One end will connect into the red and white of your "rear" sockets on your headunit, and the other end will connect to your amp.

You'll also need to run a power cable from your battery to the amp (make sure you put an inline fuse in the wire as close to the battery as possible (ideally within 6inches). You'll need to run a ground wire from your amp to an earthing point on the shell of your car. Also, a remote wire from your headunit (see your instruction manual to identify which it is, they are normally blue) to your amp in order to turn it on.

Finally you'll have your speaker wires from your amp to your 6x9's

So, you'll need an RCA cable, a remote wire, power wire, ground wire, fuse and fuse holder. I'm not sure if 6x9's come with speaker wire or not?

corsaevu

2nd Aug 06 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got loads of wire!!!! i am okay on wiring it up it was what to look for in the way of phono / rca type sockets was my problem!!! cheers tho!!!

p.s. do you know how to get the headunuit out??. i tried to push it out the other day... do i just need to push harder???
JayT

2nd Aug 06 at 23:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u can buy some special leaver you shove down both sides of the head unit m8, they have little bums on them that grip the unit u just simply pull it out! not sure pushing it from the back will work m8 but no harm in tryin!
cdcool1

3rd Aug 06 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you talking about the standard headunit? If so, as corsa boy said, you can buy special pullers which fit into the the 4 holes (2 on each side) on the front of the unit.

Basically there is some metal clips on the side of the unit, they push these in to stop them holding the unit in place, and at the same time hook into your unit to pull it out.

You can do it without buying these pullers by using some stiff copper wire or something similar, pusing them into all four holes, and then pushing the headunit from the back. Might take a little patience though

You can buy the pullers from hellfrauds (halfords) for a few quid i think

If its not a standard headunit, then it should have come with its own speciall pullers that you'll slide down the side of the unit and then pull

[Edited on 03-08-2006 by cdcool1]

New Poll