corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Planning a 1.6 8v (C16SE) Conversion, few Questions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Planning a 1.6 8v (C16SE) Conversion, few Questions?
MattyPW

User status: Offline
   31st Jul 06 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi there,

Im planning to remove my lagging but reliable 1.2 8v (C12NZ) lump and replace it with a nice 1.6 8v (C16SE) lump!!

Just a few questions to ask;

Firstly, what do i need for the conversion?? The current engine is Central Fuel Injection, and the new one will be Multi-Point Injection! All i have down at the moment is; engine, ECU & fuel pump? Any more?

Secondly, will the 1.6 8v mate to my 1.2 8v gearbox?? Or do i need a new one of those too? If so what F # is it??

Thridly, and other advice you would like to give would be greatly appriciated! Any good ideas of things to change when doing the engine swap??

Thanks

Matty

[Edited on 01-08-2006 by MattyPW]
craig_s

31st Jul 06 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

your gunna need too change your loom for definate .i used my old box on mine i fink mine is a f13 or f14 it worked nut was a bitch too get on because of the size of the flywheel.you will need bigger brakes .dont no bout your drive shafts thou u mite need 2 change them to.the mounts are all the same thou.
CorsAsh

31st Jul 06 at 23:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'll need an MPI fuel pump, the one from an 8V Corsa SRi should do, will swap right in.

Think you can keep your existing exhaust, driveshafts should be ok too.
MattyPW

1st Aug 06 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The car is going in no way going to be a performance car!! Its fully loaded with ICE and is going to be Walled with ICE soon, so the engine upgrade is just to handle the extra weight!!

Brakes are already on the list!!

I thought the wiring loom was the same for all the Corsa 8v lumps??

[Edited on 01-08-2006 by MattyPW]
craig_s

1st Aug 06 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no.the multi point injection engines have a crank sensor and i dont fink the single point 1.2 and 1.4 s have 1.
MattyPW

2nd Aug 06 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah ok!

So engine, wiring loom for engine, ecu & fuel pump then?
1 SCR

2nd Aug 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im not sure about shafts but i would probably say its best to change them. My mate has a 1.4 16v sport with a dastec chip and if he gives his car a bit of a thrashing he'll snap his shafts. He's broken 4 sets already.
bubble

2nd Aug 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1 SCR
im not sure about shafts but i would probably say its best to change them. My mate has a 1.4 16v sport with a dastec chip and if he gives his car a bit of a thrashing he'll snap his shafts. He's broken 4 sets already.

u gotta be kidding me??! a chip can break 4 sets of shafts?!?
jr

2nd Aug 06 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL broster running 190bhp through those shafts with no problems as far as im aware

all the shafts as ash said are the same
ckallis500

3rd Aug 06 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you will need, engine, loom, ecu, multi point injection fuel pump. remove the engine with the gearbox still on its mounts in the car, use your original flywheel/clutch, if your unsure of whether it will handle the power then swap to the c16se clutch flywheel, the splines on the gearbox/clutch for the f10/f13/f15 gearbox's are the same so no problem using your original box and shafts. engine mounts should be the same. disconect the starter/alternator wiring off of the old engine and fit that to the c16se. there is a 9pin plug on the corsa car loom and engine loom, likely to have the same connector on the c16se loom but the wire will prob be in the wrong places, all you'll need to do is cut the connectors off and re-wire them colour to colour, the c16se engine loom might have the main positive wires on the engine loom close to where the battery sits. the ecu shouldnt have a problem sitting in its normal place. cant think of anything else to help you, but if theres is anything you need to knwo just ask me as ive done this conversion befor.... cheers chris
MattyPW

4th Aug 06 at 07:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks guys!

Driveshafts seem to be related to how you drive! Im not a stupid driver, and my car is going to be heavy, so i doubt i'll have a problem with them!

Just need to get myself an engine now!
Cybermonkey

4th Aug 06 at 07:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 1 SCR

your mate must drive like an absolute tosser

New Poll