corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » C14SE to C16SE conversion!? Possible?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author C14SE to C16SE conversion!? Possible?
Balling
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Mar 05 at 06:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well then, as this shitty country wont allow 2.0ltr conversions in a Corsa I've been looking at a C16SE engine from a Nova GSi. How hard will it be to replace my current C14SE with the new lump? I'm guessing that it wont be at all...
The engine comes with gearing, ECU and everything else needed!

What do you reckon?

corsa_sri04

29th Mar 05 at 08:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy as long as you buy a working engine i did it with no previous experience .
Balling
Premium Member

29th Mar 05 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been out trying the Nova Cabriolet that currently holds the engine and it runs great!

I've been told that alot of the parts are the same som only a few will have to be changed! Is this true? And what parts do not need changing?

L330wnz

29th Mar 05 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wudnt u prefer a X16XE.. wud be newer, therefore in better condition!?
James R

29th Mar 05 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The engine will drop in with no problems, but the ecu harness goes in to the shell on the other side of the engine bay. But you should be able to use the C14SE loom and then hook the C16SE ecu on to it, provided they are both the same distributor type.
corsa_sri04

29th Mar 05 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the corsa shafts and manifold,nova loom engine and gearbox. mounts are all the same and use the corsa linkage and throttle cable and then just connect the nine wires from the nova loom to corsa

[Edited on 29-03-2005 by corsa_sri04]
danny-corsa

29th Mar 05 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the engines are exactly the same mate the only differance is the displacement and the ecu's if it was me i would take out the c14se and get it rebored to just over 1600cc and hook up a c16se ecu to help the fueling
Rileysport

29th Mar 05 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fitting the new lump would be cheaper and easier

New Poll