corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » 11mbps sitecom wireless router and ntl 10mb

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 11mbps sitecom wireless router and ntl 10mb
JJ

User status: Offline
12th Jul 06 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Daft question but im only gettin 1mb through my wireless connection and 4mb through my ethernet connection, i have ntl 10mb should i be able to get more than 1mb through the 11mbps wirelessness???
drunkenfool

12th Jul 06 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on the signal strength and quality, especially if you are getting 4mbps through the wired connection then it points to a problem with the wireless signal.
JJ

12th Jul 06 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Signal strength is excellent, think i also need to get back to ntl about the 4mb prob as should be around 10
Dom

12th Jul 06 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

on a b wireless network (11mbps) max ive every recieved was 500k/s with wep off etc so it isnt suitable for 10mb connection really (really need a 56mbps G wireless router etc), as you should be getting 900k/s or so.

but aye, it sounds like you have line troubles though - have a butch on cableforum.co.uk and see if theres anything on there that might help as there are stories that the old ambit 120 modems dont handle 10mb that well etc etc

JJ

12th Jul 06 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They came out and gave me the new purple modem but dosent seem to have changed anythin, ntl man said the levels are fine... still missing bout 6 mb from cabled connection and 9 from the wireless think i need the 56mbps g wireless but i thought the 11mbps would be ok for a connection up to 10mb
Dom

12th Jul 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JJ
They came out and gave me the new purple modem but dosent seem to have changed anythin, ntl man said the levels are fine... still missing bout 6 mb from cabled connection and 9 from the wireless think i need the 56mbps g wireless but i thought the 11mbps would be ok for a connection up to 10mb

purple modem is the 250 i think which should be fine. Have you connected straight to the cable modem? still only getting 4mb or so?

NTLs network is very shoddy in some places and i know they have lots of problems with 10mb in these areas.

but if your getting 4mb from the net connection then it will be down to the fact that the wireless isnt fast enough to even recieve 400k properly - but like i said you should be getting 800-1024k/s -

>> HERE << is a speed test that works of the ntl network, its pretty accurate - see what you get with that (make sure your not downloading or anything whilst doing it)

but also have a look on that cableforum website, might be some help also

[Edited on 12-07-2006 by Dom]

New Poll