corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » best Broadband deal at the moment ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author best Broadband deal at the moment ??
myke

User status: Offline
7th Jul 06 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just trying to find a decent broadband package for a mate, but i don't know whats good at the moment.

Heard good things about Pipex and their £15 deal, but closer inspections reveals that service has a 2gb limit and the unlimited service is More like twice that unless you buy a phone package from them aswell.

Need at least 4meg connection, and unlimited or 10Gb + d/l limit; plus need sto be cheap.

Any ideas please?
Looking on ADSLguide but it takes ages to trawl through each service, so hopefully someone can help.

cheers
Melville

7th Jul 06 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Freedom2surf are pretty good.
Brett
Premium Member

7th Jul 06 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cheap deals generally provide a cheap service. Don't do it. I've been there and you're fucked once you've signed up unless you're clever like me of course

Fuck you TalkTalk!
abdus

7th Jul 06 at 11:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by loafofbrett
The cheap deals generally provide a cheap service. Don't do it. I've been there and you're fucked once you've signed up unless you're clever like me of course

Fuck you TalkTalk!

you got the free for life deal?
Dom

7th Jul 06 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally if you can get ntl/telewest i would opt for that - £25 month and thats for 4mb (i get 500k download majority of the time) and unlimited downloads (you can easily get away with 100gigs a month!)

if not, then you will have to put in the work fella to find a decent ISP. Like you say, all of the cheap packages have stupidly low caps all over the show and you usually have to pay extra to get what you need!
Also read the forums over at ADSLGuide.org and see what everyone else says
abdus

7th Jul 06 at 11:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ I'm on NTL too...never ad any problem and speed always up.
myke

7th Jul 06 at 11:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he's just left f2s, and thinks there are better deals for the money. He was paying £20 for 512 and never got upgraded.

will check out ntl, but do they still operate over a bt line, or do you need to change everything over?
Dom

7th Jul 06 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke
he's just left f2s, and thinks there are better deals for the money. He was paying £20 for 512 and never got upgraded.

will check out ntl, but do they still operate over a bt line, or do you need to change everything over?

no ntl isnt ADSL, it's cable - but you dont have to swap over telephone lines or anything if you dont want to, you can just get them to install the NTL cable modem and thats it

like i say, its £25 for 4mb (was for 2mb but they upgraded everyone for FREE!) and £35 for 10mb - but theres rumours in the pipeline that suggest ntl might in the next year or so upgrade everyone to 10mb and then just have different limits based on the prices etc.

Melville

7th Jul 06 at 14:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by myke

Ive got 6mb with 20gig cap for £19.99
dave17

7th Jul 06 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im with NTL, 4mb for £18

New Poll