corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » URGENT HELP NEEDED

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author URGENT HELP NEEDED
c4rsa-sport

User status: Offline
27th Jun 06 at 17:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i bought some 2.0 brakes and discs, i fitted them on sunday but when i went to drive off i discovered i had no brakes, i bleed the brakes through again but still no brakes. so i took my car down the garage and left it up to them to sort it out, went back today to see how there getting on they told me the seal in the master cylinder had rolled they got a new one fitted bleed all the brakes through including the rear but yet still i have no brakes, does any body know what this could be???

i am going to get a set of braided hoses to see if that helps
sorry about the essay
Joe

27th Jun 06 at 17:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have you got the calipers on the right sides? When i fitted mine I put them on the wrong sides and I could'nt get them to bleed up at all. The bleed nipple should be at the top of the caliper.
c4rsa-sport

27th Jun 06 at 17:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i havent no the guy did suggest this but does it really make that much of a difference, so if the calipers got changed over would it work ok?
Joe

27th Jun 06 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The bleed nipple NEEDS to be at the top, otherwise you will never get them to bleed. If the nipple is at the bottom you cant get the air out from the top of the caliper. Is the nipple at the top or the bottom?
c4rsa-sport

27th Jun 06 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the nipple is at the bottom, so if we change the nipple over so its at the top they wil work, so really i didnt need a new master cylinder?
Joe

27th Jun 06 at 18:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes swap the calipers from side to side so the Nipples are at the top. Nope you probably did'nt need the new master cylinder, although the garage should have noticed the nipples were upside down and said that to you. Especially if they suggested it but didnt think it would make 'much difference'
c4rsa-sport

27th Jun 06 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok then i will go down there tomorrow and tell them to swap them over, and when they are at the top i should have brakes then? explain to me again why they are not working now? well when he took the old cylider off parts where ratteling inside??
Joe

27th Jun 06 at 18:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes you should. Basically the fluid which is in the caliper will have air in it, so when you bleed them pushing all the air out if the nipple is at the top the air from the bottom of the caliper goes up and out with some of the fluid.

If the nipple is at the bottom the air which is inside will just float up to the top and stay up there and there is nothing that is going to get it to come down and out through the bleed nipple as you will just be pumping fluid through but not getting any air out with it.

Hope that explains it and makes sense. But like i said a proper garage should know this and should have done it.

The master cylinder they may have just nackered it up when taking it apart, some Vauxhall master cylinders are qiute easy to break if you pump the pedal all the way down/ too hard when your bleeding the brakes.
c4rsa-sport

27th Jun 06 at 18:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as for the master cylinder i think i may of caused this as i was pushing the pedal to get the fluid through, so thats probably my fault, thanks for that explaintion this helps such a lot as i am lost without my car i will let the garage know asap tomorrow cheers again... i suppose you learn from your mistakes
Joe

27th Jun 06 at 18:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You do mate, i work in a garage and did'nt know that it made a difference and the lad who gave me a hand didnt he's supposed to be qualified too. was one of the other more experianced lads who told me.

Hope you sort it
c4rsa-sport

27th Jun 06 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers again m8 i will let you know how i get on tomorrow
c4rsa-sport

28th Jun 06 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

picked up my car today and the problem was solved by swapping the calipers over, there is stil a bit of sponge in the pedal but brakes work good, will braided lines solve the sponge feeling?

New Poll