corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel Tank fitted.. now got fuelling problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Tank fitted.. now got fuelling problem
Justus3

User status: Offline
25th Jun 06 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have just fitted a replacement petrol tank to my stolen/recovered corsa B rebuild project (with the help of Sim0ng from www.purevaux.co.uk and Moorsey from the Corsa C forum)

see http://www.justus3.co.uk/Pages/petrol_tank.htm

Tank is all fitted, along with exhaust and a new battery is also connected. T

he tank came out of a GSi and the fuel pump and fuel lines were all still connected to the replacement tank.

After making sure it had fuel in it (quarter of a tank) and that all the lines were not kinked in any way, I tried starting the car.

She turns over great but there is no fuel getting to the engine. Even the fuel filter is not filling up with fuel. Anyone have any ideas?

Broster (via txt) has suggested that I double check the fuel lines are the right way around! I will do that during the week as the car is not stored at my home. Another person has suggested that there is a fuel cut off switch somewhere in the passenger footwell that may need resetting? I have never heard of that one?

Mark
Justus3

26th Jun 06 at 22:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still haven't had a chance to get to where my car is stored to check the position of the fuel lines.

Any suggestions for what else to check would be appreciated?

ed

26th Jun 06 at 23:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Check the fuel lines. I put mine on the wrong way round - the regulator has a one way valve in it...
PaulW

27th Jun 06 at 12:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you were also texting me also suggested about the fuel lines being right way round...

like you said, you can hear the pump wiring & priming, so my only guess is the lines now...
Justus3

27th Jun 06 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok she finally started. I did have the fuel lines the wrong way around. Was a good feeling to know that I have stuck to my guns, rebuilt her and beaten the thieving B******s

http://www.justus3.co.uk/Pages/i_did_it.htm

[Edited on 28-06-2006 by Justus3]

New Poll