corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » trouble filling up

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author trouble filling up
corsa_sri04

User status: Offline
   24th Sep 04 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

For the last couple of weeks i have had trouble filling up my car with petrol. How can this be? Well the pumps keep clicking as if the car was full up with fuel but it hasnt been. Any ideas? Its annoying cus i have to only just squeeze the trigger to fill up and it takes ages
S4M

24th Sep 04 at 17:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have the exact same prob, ive been told its probally a nakered filter at the top of ur refuling pipe, not tried it yet but stick a torch down the pipe and have a look it mite jus need a prod to push bak in place
PaulW

24th Sep 04 at 17:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im takin back my corsa to the garage to have this sorted under warranty...

there should be a green nozle-filter-fitter thing just inside the filler neck, if there isnt then its fallen down & will be causing a blockage, its whats happening with mine!
ed

24th Sep 04 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It will either be the problem Paul has (most likely) or it will be some kind of problem with the return pipes from the fuel tank to the top of the filler hole. I have no idea what could go wrong with them, because there should be nothing in fuel tank to black it, and they are held on tight to stop them from dropping off...
HereOnMerit

24th Sep 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

try pushing the nozle ar far as it will go into the pipe!, not alowing air into the pipe y the petrol is pumpin into the tank!!! reply if this helps!!
Smick

28th Sep 04 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have exactly the same problem, it's a plain in the arse!

I see people looking at me at the garage, as if to say how much petrol can a corsa hold mate!

Looks like im puttin in bout £50 worth, then I go in with my tenner!
Bilb

28th Sep 04 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i get this but only odd times at different garages, i just assumed it was the garages pumps fault

paulszat

28th Sep 04 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Happens occasionally to me but the way I get around it is rotating the nozzle when it's in which stops the pump clicking off
PaulW

28th Sep 04 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well my cars now at the garage having this sorted, they said there gona take the hoses off & use a plumbers spring to check for blockages & flush out if needed...

hopefully my problems should be sorted then
Kyle T
Premium Member

28th Sep 04 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yer mine does it too, only at local BP though. I thought it was the pumps fault too!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
AntCromb

28th Sep 04 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lmao, oh how we all suffer in silence mine does it...sometimes....mainly at Shell garages, but all others do it as well. all of a sudden one day it just stopped, and yer :] takes me a while to put a tenner in. lol, i havnt completely filled up for like a fortnight since it started doing it.

MOT in a week ill just suffer till then and ask wtf is going on...if its expensive, ill live with it tbh. Poor student
PaulW

28th Sep 04 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

usually you'll get billed for a new filler hose & more if ur unlucky

i tried vaux, they aint cheap

glad its under warranty is all I can say!!
Neshol

28th Sep 04 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It happens more just after they have had a delivery.. maybe there's air in their system sometimes.. fook knows
steveo.p

28th Sep 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This has happened to me, all i do is put the nozel in fully then pull it back a few mill
Neshol

28th Sep 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is well dodgy too, but then my filler neck is all fucked and there's no flap on it.
PaulW

28th Sep 04 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well got car back, it was the lil green flap thing which had gone down causing the blockage, and now its removed its filling up perfectly!!

New Poll