corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Windows Live Messenger Released

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Windows Live Messenger Released
Bart

User status: Offline
   20th Jun 06 at 08:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Microsoft Corp. today released Windows Live Messenger, available at http://get.live.com/messenger/overview, one of the first of more than 20 new Windows Live services to launch globally over the course of the year.

“Windows Live is all about giving consumers the tools and services they need to be in control as they stay connected to the people they care about, on top of the information that is important to them, and better protected across all their online activities,” said Martin Taylor,corporate vice president of Windows Live and MSN at Microsoft.

Features of Windows Live Messenger include the following:

• Video Call - The free, synchronized audio and video service in Windows Live Messenger

• Windows Live Call with Verizon Web Calling service.

• Cordless phones designed exclusively for Windows Live Messenger - Uniden America Corp. and Philips recently introduced phones that make the Windows Live Call feature for Windows Live Messenger available in North America and Europe.

• Microsoft LifeCams optimized for Windows Live Messenger - Microsoft Hardware and the Windows Live services group announced last week a line of webcams that are designed for use with Windows Live Messenger.

• Sharing Folders - Now sharing is as easy as dragging and dropping a file. Customers can more easily share their files and personal photos with family, friends and colleagues on their Windows Live Messenger Contact List.

• Windows Live Contacts - Contact information is always current with Windows Live Contacts in Windows Live Messenger.

• Integration with Windows Live services - Windows Live Messenger integrates with other Windows Live services such as Windows Live Search, Windows Live Local, Windows Live Mail and MSN Spaces.

Download
View Live Messenger
Bram

20th Jun 06 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Take it they've ironed out all the bugs then, the beta was crap!
dave17

20th Jun 06 at 10:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How was the beta crap, been using it since it was released and not had any problems
Bram

20th Jun 06 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had loads of little annoying bugs, got the full version now and seems to be spot on!
James_DT

20th Jun 06 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bram
Had loads of little annoying bugs

Well what do you expect from a Beta?

They should be sending me my gift soon, then.
Dom

20th Jun 06 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

beta was cack - kept playing up every so often, then again previous version 7 hada bug with the windows causing my pc to hit 100% and stay there til the app was closed!

New live version is still cack and thats with me removing everything out of it (ads etc using mess patch) - would go back to trilliant, but its an arse to use
Sam
Premium Member

20th Jun 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would be happy with v7.5 - I'm using Win2K Pro.
Robin
Premium Member

20th Jun 06 at 21:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had the beta, it only broke once. i will upgrade to the full version now
Marc

21st Jun 06 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by dave17
How was the beta crap, been using it since it was released and not had any problems

Me too.

New Poll