corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » MFD problem after fitting LEDs

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author MFD problem after fitting LEDs
DarkBahamut

User status: Offline
16th Jun 06 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi all. Over the past two days ive fitted rev counter clocks and a blue LED kit in my 1.4 corsa LS, however, ive run into a small problem with the MFD.

I have all the LEDs working from what i can tell (its daylight so its hard to know for sure) however, the ones in the MFD are playing up. With side/head lights off it lights up fine, very clear blue even in the sunlight but when i turn side or headlights on the LEDs in the MFD turn off completely while all others stay on. I dont think the MFD is losing power as the time and date do not reset and it comes back on fine once the lights are turned off, it just seems the LEDs dont work with the lights on.

Ive tried adjusting the brightness controll under the headlight switch, but that doesnt do a thing. Also, having the engine running doesnt effect it. Anyone got any ideas whats going on with it? Thanks.
YT

16th Jun 06 at 12:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try it in the dark they dim down when you turn your lights on...
CoastalCorsa

16th Jun 06 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above try in the dark i replaced mine with blue and in dayligh they were crap but at night they looked good
DarkBahamut

16th Jun 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive checked them and they go off for sure (or they go so dim they produce almost zero light). Its not just dim, the whole display goes black and even if you cover the display with your hands so it is dark, you cant see anything on it with the lights on.

[Edited on 16-06-2006 by DarkBahamut]
John

16th Jun 06 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the dimmer bit turned up fully?
DarkBahamut

16th Jun 06 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Is the dimmer bit turned up fully?

Yep, tried moving that, doesnt effect them at all.
CoastalCorsa

16th Jun 06 at 16:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

take the mfd out take the led out individually and turn them 180 degrees and put them back in the mfd

for some reason my led were brighter when put in one way than what they were the oppostite way
CoastalCorsa

16th Jun 06 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

leave your stereo off but turn your ignition on - so the mfd is on

then trn your stereo on does the mfd go off
matt_aka_smiler

16th Jun 06 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had this problem but still not found a solution to it. i mite try a new mfd as i think 1 of the pins on the connecter is bust
abdus

16th Jun 06 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I found the solution: i reverted to the original leds
Prowler
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 17:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa
take the mfd out take the led out individually and turn them 180 degrees and put them back in the mfd

for some reason my led were brighter when put in one way than what they were the oppostite way

the leds shouldnt work both ways because theres a positive and negertive on them!
DarkBahamut

16th Jun 06 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Prowler
quote:
Originally posted by CoastalCorsa

the leds shouldnt work both ways because theres a positive and negertive on them!

They didnt, cause i had to take them out first time to turn them around

I think i found the problem though, it seems the connector on the back on the MFD is loose, cause if i push in it right it will work with the lights on, but the best i can get without holding it in is it just on when the lights are off. Guess its time for a new MFD then, unless i can find someone to fix it for me . Thanks for the help all.
Prowler
Banned

16th Jun 06 at 18:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get a bit of duck tape on it lmfao!

New Poll