corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » romaing profiles

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author romaing profiles
Jodi_the_g

User status: Offline
5th Jun 06 at 09:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have users set up on the server as mobile users (small business 2003)

after a recent robbery new laptops where purchased i have now hardwired the whole office to cleints requirements.

Yet when they log on (in xp) it does not bring there files across. any ideas what is causing this and is there a simple setting to get it working.
Gsi_Ire

5th Jun 06 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we us xp and nt in work.

none of a our support areas have been able to make roaming profiles work on the xp system. normaly leeds to currupt profiles. also, you may find it wont hold settings, eg manual mapping network printers or drives.

pain in the arse, but better than nt.
liveseytowers

5th Jun 06 at 15:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We use roaming profiles at work but with W2k and it seems to work fine. Things to check are that you are making the users files available offline manually and setting them to syncronise each time they log off? Also are the DNS entries right and you might need a host file as well, always helps to have one anyway just incase.

Not much help really lol
Steve
Premium Member

5th Jun 06 at 16:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so is it picking up any paart of the profile or none at all?

Have you checked the Profile part of the users properties on your server that it matchs a valid share that they have full permissions to?

If you have copied the profiles from another server you may need to reset permissions on all the profiles.

If the profile part of active directory is pointing to a valid share are they getting any error when logging in to do with profiles?
Jodi_the_g

5th Jun 06 at 16:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its ok i got it working now, the previous suppoprt company before me proper fucked up the server.

New Poll