corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » where 2 start with speedo wiring..

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where 2 start with speedo wiring..
chrisarmes

User status: Offline
4th Jun 06 at 17:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my electronic speedo 2 day from pv.

and i was just after some inital adice on fitting it. the engine im gettin already has an electronic transducer on it. so am i right in presuming that i have to take my speedo cable out now that i have? and when i get the engine, plug that cable in. is it that simple, will it olug in, or is some connecting required..

cheers guys
RobHayes

4th Jun 06 at 17:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what engine are you getting? and what enging eod you have now?

the loom for the new engine should have the plug for the speedo transducer on it, but if you have a cable operated speedo now, the wire from the engine bay to the clocks may not be there and will need fitting. its not to difficult though, fit a wiring grommet to the hole the speedo cable went through, and run the wire from the transducer in the gearbox to the back of the clocks and jobs a good'un
chrisarmes

4th Jun 06 at 18:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

getting a c20xe

putting it ina 1.2 8v spi

ok so the loom will plug into the transducer (which i guess eill give it power)
and new electonic speedo, will plug staight into my 1.2 interior loom, to give it power and lights, but then i need to run 1 signal wire from a cerain wire on on multiplug on the transducer, to a certian wire on the speedo multiplug (i.e on the original 1.2 interior loom)

hehe stop me if im diggin a hole!

New Poll