corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Coilovers, camber and adjustable top mounts.....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Coilovers, camber and adjustable top mounts.....
X 60RSA

User status: Offline
1st Jun 06 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, i'm getting some coilovers and i've done a few searches about camber set up. I'm getting the FK Silverline X set up, and apprantly one bolt hole on the shocker that goes onto the hub is elongated to adjust the camber.....

People have bought adjustable top mounts to avoid the chamber being way out after the coilovers are fitted........ but surely if you align both sides different in the bolt hole on the shocker, an adjustable top mount wont make any difference.

Ok you'll be able to set it up but it up but the top mount setting will be different from the other side of the car to get the camber correct.......

Basically you still need the elongated bolt holes positioned the same on both sides to allow both top mounts at the same angle.....

I hope someone understands!:boggle

im shoot at spelling!

[Edited on 01-06-2006 by X 60RSA]
and-m

1st Jun 06 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its camber, not chamber lmao

Just fit the shockers and take it to a wheel alignment place - if the top bolt is elongated them theyll be able to ajjust the camber with standard topmounts.
X 60RSA

4th Jun 06 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've read up that some people have elongated the holes in the turret, but the top mount plate, the diamond shape thing sits in a recess on the underside of the turret, so how the feck does this work!?
alistairolsen

4th Jun 06 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a few folk choose to weld up the hole in the strut to eliminate any chance of movement.

Some folk have problems with the bottom platform catching the innner edge of the tyre so they move the elongated hole to the max positive setting to clear it, and then reintroduce neg camber my moving the top of the strut towards the centre of the car.

New Poll