corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fitting electric windows where the loom isn't in place!?!? FAO of anyone that has retro fitted ele

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fitting electric windows where the loom isn't in place!?!? FAO of anyone that has retro fitted ele
Limecat
Banned

User status: Offline
   31st May 06 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have taken the electric windows/doorcards and switches from a GSI that I broke to fit into my XE'd GSI which had nasty windy windows but upon removing the door card the relevant loom/plugs are not in place. I have traced this loom back and it looks like I have to swap the entire interior loom over!?!

Surely there is an easier way to do this?
Teknologikal

31st May 06 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My SRi has winders but I have the 20 or so pins in the door loom required to fit the electric windows and/or electric mirrors...have you counted all the wires?
Limecat
Banned

31st May 06 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was being daft and hadn't realsised that it unscrews and unplugs at the door shut!

Loom is now off and ready to fit tomorrow.

It has 21 wires that I counted, don't know if that helps any but as I will do it tomorrow I will report back as to how easy/fiddly it is!
Teknologikal

2nd Jun 06 at 05:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I counted 21 myself too so you could have the electric mirrors too if you wanted them.

New Poll