corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » dials "part time" workers!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author dials "part time" workers!
chrisarmes

User status: Offline
11th May 06 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, i have an n reg 16v sri

my fuel temp and tacho have stopped working, but my tacho and rest start working now and again, especially noticed by the tacho as it flicks on and off sometimes really quick, then works, then stops completely! how random, and ideas guys?!

my battery light came on too, around the time my dials went funny! but ive driven it for a couple of days now, and surely if i had a dicky alternator the battery would be flat by now!!??

also, it revs up someimes at junctions, is this my icv??

deary me, probs probs probs!

help help!
ed

11th May 06 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuel temp?

Tacho will more than likely be a bad earth somewhere.

It won't be the ICV, because I guess the engine is still ideling correctly.
chrisarmes

11th May 06 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry

my fuel, temp, and tacho....

thought it might b an earth or connection or something, as its like the whole pannel (except speedo) stops working, then starts again! could a bad earth on the dials possible make the battery light show?? like it is doing

when i come 2 some junctions it drops down 2 about 1200 reva then rises again 4 a monent to 2000, and then idles, jus a bit annoying!
ed

11th May 06 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh, so long as it idles it should be ok

As for the dials, bad earth, loose connections, missing connections... Check for those sorts of things. When you have your lights turned on do the dash lights turn on and off at the same time as the dials? If they do, your plug is probably dropping out of the back of the dials. That happened to me
chrisarmes

11th May 06 at 22:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yer my dash lights are ok! cool, well i will have a check on the plug at the back then, he he fingers crossed!

New Poll